Saturday, April 19, 2003

Circular No 76



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 19 of April 2003. Circular No. 76
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Our first exchange, most interesting, was in Spanish, so I have translated it for all our friends. I am sure Manuel does not mind.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Manuel Prada
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:43:14 +0000

Ladislao, a veces paso tiempo sin abrir el e-mail, sin embargo estoy feliz con recibir las notas de todos los old boys, especial alegría la saber de Roger Henderson, no se que habrá pasado con Christian o con Hugh, el hermano mayor, un día le escribiré a Roger, éramos del mismo equipo y era excelente jugador, muy inteligente en el football. Averíguate de Richard y Randal Galt? con Randal estuve en Saint Benedict´s College, Kansas, también con Anthony Johnson este ultimo era de Saint Lucia y en Mount eran varios hermanos. El año pasado, para semana santa estuve en Mount con mi querido hijo Manuel y así visitar a Fr. Cuthbert, lo amo por toda la paciencia, apoyo, bondad, confianza que tuvo conmigo como la tuvo también Fr. Bernard, que en paz descanse. Me conmovió ver a Fr. Augustine casi ciego, lo quiero muchísimo por haber inculcado en mi el amor por las letras, la lectura y el francés, en fin son muchas las memorias que me asaltan en estos momentos, gracias.

Ladislao, nos vemos, siempre visito a Isaias, mi compadre y hermano del alma, y a Urbano, mi hermano blanco ya que me llama su hermano negro, lo vi recientemente con Allum, Isaias y otro compañero nuestro, mas tuyo que mío, se me fue el nombre, era gerente de General Electric.

Ladislao, sometime I spend a long time without opening my email, although I am glad to receive notes from all the oldboys, special joy to know of Roger Henderson, I do not know what has happened with Christian or with Hugh, the eldest brother, one day I shall write Roger, we were on the same team and he was an excellent player, very intelligent in football. Find out about Richard and Randal Galt? with Randal I went to Saint Benedict's College, Kansas, also with Anthony Johnson, this last one was from St. Lucia and in Mount he had various brothers. Last year, during Easter I was at Mount with my dear son Manuel to visit Fr. Cuthbert, I love him for all the patience, support, kindness, confidence with me just as Fr. Bernard had, may he rest in peace. I was moved to see Fr. Augustine nearly blind, I love him very much for having taught me the love for the letters, the lecture and French, in all there are lots of memories that I have this moment, thanks.

Ladislao, see you, I always visit Isaias, my friend and soul brother, and Urbano, my white brother, because he calls me his black brother, I saw him recently with Allum, Isaias and another oldboy, more your than mine, I lost his name, he was manager of General Electric.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:46:47 +0000

Robert, great to hear from you!!!, of course I remember our Scout life. A few days ago wrote to Wayne in Jamaica and told him had it not been for: "On my honour I promise to do my best, etc," life would have been senseless in many aspects. Thank God we were Scouts; it marked my life, FORTIFIED ME and WIDENED my sense of duty and FRIENDSHIP despite my shortcomings.
Chris and Wayne Henderson, Roger a great all rounder, Richard and Randall Galt, Richard Farrah, Tony Johnson a great and kind friend, shit all of us Mount boys, remarkable set of guys, Michael Howard, in short, the list is endless, Terry Vieira, etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:59:09 +0000

Donald, you are not at all right.
Sometimes some simply don't call me, and on Monday nights I usually have classes in the university where I teach or at least try to speak evil about this goddamned government, and please excuse the spelling mistakes, that is the real gist of the thing, moreover it is only recently that Ladislao has appeared on the scenery, asi que micaela , check your information, love you dearly,
Manuel.
Also remember that Isaias is my compadre and Urbano my white royal brother, real brothers!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao kertesz <lkertesz1@icqmail.com>
To: manjosepra@hotmail.com
Date: 18 Dec 2002 09:25:06 -0800
Caracas, 18 of December 2002.

Dear Manuel,
I understand your annoyance but remember that the exchange that I have had with WVB was around MAY 2002 and the writing is about an exchange of emails from that time, together with Goddard's observations as to the literature used by WVB. So the problem must have been your not noticing the dates, Also remember that it has been only two months ago that we met after 42 years, so maybe circular No. 57 is only two months out of date???? All the circulars will be out of date as I keep a lot of material that is given to me by the constant interchange. You can help me to be on date, write ten lines about your teaching at MSB for the oldboys and I shall send it out in January.

I am glad that we finally are in contact and will stay so. Did you get my FW on Goddard's email??
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:44:23 +0000

Ladislao, love you dearly, not at all mad, simply confused with the dates.

Anyway, this mot.rfuc.r, you know Chavez, really has a lot Venezuelans upset and perhaps that is the intensity and feeling in my language. Anyway ask my dear Wayne, if that is grammatically, linguistically or semantically correct, if not I really didn't learn a fuck at mount, I remember that for Venezuelans it was difficult to pronounce "fork" and some sons of bitches would have us ask brother Swaa or whoever it was, "brother give me fuck please", shit, it is such a long time, love you and Merry Xmas.

To each and every one of the old mount boys. We were a great and special bunch, will meet again when we reincarnate, I do
believe in that.
Manuel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C76.xls
Photos: msba 6404 p04
021007lkLadislao Kertesz + Manuel Prada1
Song. 145858-1-06
Column: wvb - No column has been received, sorry.
Column: dbratt -No. 105
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5695
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela's time is the same as Trinidad's, -04:00 GMT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C76.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname business address Phone e-mail home address
Bergasse, Peter (RIP)
rjohn
St.Lucia (758) 452 3346
Bermudez, Rene
Kenrick
TT, Macaripe (868) 634 2136 berne1947@wow.net
Bernard Tappin 1967


(868) 667 3638 holycc@tstt.net.tt 102 Cascade Rd St.Annes
Bernard, David
glen
YV


Bernard, Fr. (RIP) OSB, Headmaster lk




Bernard, Philip
glen
YV


Bertolus, Italo
glen
YV


Betancourt, Clyde 1950

Guyana


Bettencourt-Gomes, Clive
boos
Naranjo, Costa Rica

Bhopa,






Bishop, Brian
farcheg
irlanda


Blajick,


curazao


Blanc, Alan
boos




Blanc, Norris
boos




Blanc, Roland
roge




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments: