Saturday, February 01, 2003

Circular No 65



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 1 of February 2003. Circular No. 65
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

If you are a fan of the Circulars, remember that it is sent out every week, God willing, and each issue has a number, so if you collect them, I do not recommend it, then you would notice that sometimes you might not be getting an issue. This is not done knowingly but if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number. Who knows you might be missing an email on your best friend. I do not keep an index on issues, photos or authors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This writing was received from Louis Lacour, Class 1960, (yu yu)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: HOYAUX Christine
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: Hello

My friend Ladislao,
Thanks for your E Mail. I give you some general and succinct information since I left Mount. I went to college in USA for 3 years. I returned to Guadeloupe put up a "Tool outlet" business and did very well from 1967 to 1990.
I got married in 1967 had 3 children a girl and twins, a boy and a girl.
I separated with my wife in 1987 and stopped the tool business in 1990.
I then left the main town Pointe a Pitre to St. Francois where I became and still am a professional fisherman.
Since 1987 after my separation, I am with a younger very nice lady and my fisherman's life is well organised.
My fishing boat is 31 ft long and ran by 2 Yamaha 150 cv out board. My boat was made in Trinidad by De Gannes.
Next time I will give you more information concerning my hobbies.
Hope everybody home in good health.
Amicale Souvenirs
Louis Lacour
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Richard Driver <rdriver37@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:46:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi Las,
I left MSB in 49?? It was really interesting getting your email, (nearly didn't open it, glad I did). Going through your list brought back many memories. I have forwarded the e-mail to some people I remember, and whose names I don't see.
Like I said, I left in '49 (form I?) and went back to Guyana and finished school there.
I now live in British Columbia, Canada, with my wife Pauline and two "kids". My daughter Catherine 27, lives in Vancouver, and my son Mark 24, lives in Toronto.
I just retired after 42 years at NCR corp.
Hey, how did you find my email address?
Hope you and your Family have a very Merry Christmas
and all the best for '03.
Thanks again.
Richard Driver.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Manuel José Prada Padovani
manjosepra@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 15:12:01 +0000

Never the "last" Ladislao. (Circular)
Thanks a million for the good and bad news, bad when they refer to people passing away but that is life.
On a personal basis you have opened a book that Isaias (Farcheg), Urbano (Fedak), Pedro (Castro), Azier (Atela) and I, among others tried to keep open on the first Monday of every month, at times we tried to keep updated on our former friends but we were not able to keep things going steadily, so thanks to you and my dear Gabby, I must write him, I love him dearly, he doesn't know how grateful i am to him for his kindness with me at Atchison, Kansas, only god knows.
All the best Ladislao, really,
God bless and protect you.
Manuel Prada.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another event that happened at the Mount, written by Christopher Knowles (1960):

LIGHTNING STRIKE

Lightning once struck one of the metal posts of the fence that ran next to the volleyball court. We were in the Study Hall, aka Form One classroom, at about 8 pm, which is about twenty metres (in those days it was not at about twenty meters but at about twenty five yards), or so away from the fence and up one floor. The noise was a terrific crack, and every hair on my head and arm stood up. The flash left us startled, as both sound and flash was simultaneous.
(There was a great echo as we started to shout and tried to find out where the lightning stuck, maybe to see a great ball of fire??? This parenthesis is my addition to the original paragraph. Ed.)

Does anybody remember this, can you add to the event!! Ed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless

Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C65.xls
Photos: DSC00105 msb M. Lew
How to be happy 02
Column: No column has been received, sorry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C65.xls

Names Form V Contact nicknames business address business phone e-mail home address home phone
Stone, William

Willie
Not of the Bernard Stone family
Strisiver, Tony (David) Dr.
jgioannetti
Saint Augustine Private Hospital (868) 662 5555, 662 7777 mutualhc@trinidad.net, ????? Add math and physics
Sucre, Miguel Angel
glen
YV



Sulentic, Marco
glen
YV



Sulentic, Michael
glen
YV



Swift, Trevor
roge
Dayboy



Sykes, Malcom F.
glen
YV



Tadros, Paul 1964 gabby





Tang, Norman 1966



norman@picaribbean.com, (868) 624 6119
Tang, Peter 1964 gabby
pilot


(868) 678 5427
Tang, Tilson







Tappin, Bernard 1964 gabby
TT (868) 667 3638 102 Cascade Rd (868) 627 3051
Tarr, Peter







Taylor, Roger
jgioannetti


taylor@tstt.net.tt
Teelucksingh, Keith 1964 gabby





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: