Saturday, February 22, 2003

Circular No 68

Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 22 of February 2003. Circular No. 68
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

I am sure you must have thought that the circulars ended with No. 66? No. 67 was sent out to Class 1960 on time, and I shall be sending out to the rest, today, 3 of March, thank you for your concern.
Number 68 is going to be sent out on the 4 of March, to catch up.
Number 69 is to be sent on the 5 of March.
Number 70 is going to be on time, I hope??

I had to take a short teaching trip to Quito, Ecuador, total time one week. The workshop was given on I.C.A.O. Annex 14, Aerodromes, international regulations, given to the Airport Authorities and Civil Aviation Authorities. Was it successful??? I hope it was, only time will tell! I hope that one day I can do the same in TT.
------------------------------------------------------------
So back to business. Slowly we are getting notes from other schoolmates; this is a new one,

From: "Gittens, Peter W."
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:49:11 -0600

Greetings, fellow alumni of the Abbey School:
I attended the Abbey School from 1956-1961. I was one of the (junior) seminarians.
I did not become a priest, but I was ordained a permanent deacon in 1984.

From 1970 to 2001 I worked in Canada in Catholic Education both in the Hamilton and Guelph areas.
I retired in 2001 and moved to warn and spicy Louisiana, only to become busier than in my previous life in Ontario.
Today I live in Harvey, Louisiana (a suburb of New Orleans), and work full-time as an associate professor of Philosophy and Theology at Our Lady of Holy Cross College in New Orleans, Louisiana. I also teach Philosophy at the local Seminary (Notre
Dame Seminary) in New Orleans.

It was good to view the photos on the web pages, rekindling many fond memories of some of our "beloved" Benedictine teachers.
Sincere best wishes to all,

Peter Gittens.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:14:09 -0600

Dear Ladislao,
Sorry about the delay in replying to your e-mail. The last few days were very hectic and disruptive with a lot of travel to other cites, which caused me to neglect e-mail correspondence.

My exit year from the Abbey School was 1961. It seems so long ago, that I have forgotten a lot of the people I was in class with. Unfortunately, I have not kept in touch with any one. When he was alive, I would run into Ernest Castillo in Toronto, and now and then some one would mention the name of Robert Elias, and his music. I was in class with Robert Elias.

I may have some old black and white pictures at my house in London, Ontario. When next I am in Canada I will rummage through them so see what I can find, and will certainly scan file them to you.

Meanwhile, thanks for the Circulars.
Sincerely,
Peter Gittens
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried to go into contact with Robert Elias but no luck, can anyone resurrect him??? I am sure Peter would like to correspond with him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A note of concern from: "Michael Azar" azargroup@myexcel.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:17:03 -0800

Hi all of you who are in Venezuela,
I will like to know how you guys are, what is the situation there, I am concerned.
Your School Friend,

Michael Azar
(Big Joe)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Jean de Meillac"
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:37:21 -0300

Lad,

You are testing my memory; I left Mount in 59 when I was 14. I left after Prep A, my Classmates were, Geoff Herrera, Roger Henderson, John and Gordon Thavenot, Gary Henderson, Flattop Johnson, Christian from Venezuela, he was a good swimmer, Brian Lewis, Jeffery Gransaull, Jeff Lippincott and who could forget Mr. Rai who I met in Ireland when I was there at college.
That’s a good start??
Thanks

Jeansie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A year ago I sent out to my friends an article by Wayne Brown on our friend P.G. Wilson, trainer and athletic coach and above all, good friend. His article is in the WEB page, www.theabbeyschool.com,

As you can see, I publish all notes that I get, please repeat your note if you do not see it in my circulars, sometimes these get lost in the ether.

God Bless

Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado C68.xls
Photo: DSC00107 msb M Lew
How to be happy 05
Column: wvb - No column has been received, sorry.
Column: dbratt –030104 No. 94 the bus stops here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.

Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS
Listado C68.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname Address Phone e-mail
Walker, Alan
roge



Walker, Gordon
roge



Watson, Edward



(868) 628 5364 powersol@wow.net
Watts, Claude


N.Caroline

Webster, Christopher 1960 roge webber 6 wahid circular dr Sumath Gards San Fernando (868) 657 5862
Webster, Peter





Webster, Richard 1958 roge
TT

Webster, Stephen
roger
TT

Weekes, Gordon 1958 roger
Tobago

Wharton, Boddy





White, Gordon 1958 jon



Wight, Robert
roger
Guyana

Wilson, P.J. (RIP) 1960 lk
Athletics coach
Wittet, Ian





Woon Sam, Neil
roge







No comments: