Saturday, July 05, 2003

Circular No 87




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 5 of July 2003. Circular No.87
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

I have received the following emails regarding the WEB page. These emails illustrate the exchange between Salvador Coscarart, Don Mitchell, Maroth de Marothy and me. As you can observe, there is a future to our WEB page. I shall keep you informed
as events happen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Salvador Coscarart" <salborbolla@hotmail.com>
To: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:29:14 -0500

Hola Ladislao,
Como están por Venezuela, aquí estamos muy ocupados con el trabajo. Espero que por allá se les este arreglando la situación.
Hoy recibí el circular # 82 y veo que la situación no se ve muy buena con el Web. Acabo de hablar con Tony Johnson por teléfono y le pedí permiso para mandarte su teléfono y dirección, 1-916-359-5388. Tony Johnson, 1555 Barnett Circle, Carmichael, California, USA, 95608.
Me dijo que va a tratar de hacer algo en el verano pero promete muy poco y si alguien puede tomar la responsabilidad del Web que el le daría el password, para poder entrar y organizar y añadir mas información el Web.
Bueno espero que podamos mantener el Web vivo y mantener The Abbey School alive,
bueno buenas noches y hasta pronto
God bless
Salvador Coscarart.

Here is the Bable fish, translation:
How are you by Venezuela, here we are very much occupied with the work. I hope that the situation is fixing itself. Today I received circular # 82 and I see that the situation does not seem to be very good with the Web. I have just spoken to Tony Johnson by telephone and asked him permission to send you his telephone and address, 1-916-359-5388. Tony Johnson, 1555 Barnett Circle, Carmichael, California, the USA, 95608.

He told me that he is going to try to do something in the summer but it promises very little and if somebody can take the responsibility from the Web he will give him the password, to be able to enter and to organize and add information to the Web.
Good I hope that we can maintain the Web alive and maintain The Abbey School alive, good night and see you soon.
God bless
Salvador Coscarart.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell, QC"
To: "Ladislao Kertesz"
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:46:30 -0300

Hi Ladislao,
What good news this is, if I can trust my rusty Spanish! What are the plans?
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Don Mitchell, QC [mailto:idmitch@candw.ag]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:54 PM
To: Maroth De Marothy

Hello Maroth,
I am an old school-friend of Ladislao's. I was at Mount for the period 1958-1964.
I have been corresponding with Ladislao about the need for us to do something to get the site updated. I have also many months ago been corresponding with Tony Johnson, but he has not replied to my many recent emails. [I suspect he has tagged all Mount correspondents "Block sender" so that he does not even know when he receives a message from one of us.] My knowledge of web sites is very limited. I can access them and read them, and I have a person who helps me with my own website, but I have never learned anything about constructing or maintaining websites myself. I have indicated to Ladislao that I am willing to contribute to the cost. Ladislao has now sent me a copy of your message below and asked me to contact you and to discuss with you what we can do to carry the site forward. What can I do to help? What do you suggest?
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Laszlo,
I'm willing to take over the Web page...provided that all the costs don't fall on me...
I spoke with Anthony Johnson about 1/1.5 years ago...around the time I started getting your circulars...which, by the way, are tremendously appreciated...
Anyhow, we spoke and I suggested various ways in which to pages could be improved, and I offered to help make some of those changes. He agreed but never got back to me. I sent email and got no reply, so that was that...
I'm a professional computer programmer and although not a Webmaster, I have created many pages and am comfortable with scripting languages, HTML, etc. The first thing would be to get the files from the current site. We will need Anthony's OK for this... Then we need to find a good Web host site...and pay for it...unless we can use a site already "owned" by an old Mount
boy...
Thanks for all your good work...my brother Christopher also appreciates it...
--------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz
To: idmitch@candw.ag
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 7:05 PM

Dear Don,
You must have received the email from Marothy. I would like you to be the CEO on this, if you can! You have made contacts with a provider, Salvador has ideas. Write him! His English is good, but his Spanish is better. And Marothy even discussed the matter with Gabby. I only need information for the Circular on the effort being made to get the WEB page going. I unfortunately know little in HTML and web page programming. The exchanges that have to be made can be a good article, so keep me
informed. I would think that you can play a good role as a moderator; I have read some of the resumes of the cases that you have judged. Can you send me a copy of the cases that are open for the public to read? I enjoy reading the reasoning used. If you can keep me informed on the outcome of the negotiations these would be appreciated (back to the MOUNT INSIDE days, Editor!)
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------
From; "Don Mitchell, QC" <idmitch@candw.ag>
To: "Ladislao Kertesz" <ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:43:27 -0300

Hi Ladislao,
I am humbled that you think I can do much with the web site, beside be an agitator for improvement. I have no personal web-page experience. What I suggest is that I approach the various persons you have mentioned as gently as possible, with the intention of trying to make progress. I understand that you do not wish to be copied with all the correspondence, but only wish to receive reports from time to time on how matters are progressing. I shall as you request have a go, and let you know from time to time if I have any luck.
Don
----------------------------------------------------
From: De Marothy, Maroth
To: 'Don Mitchell, QC'
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 1:21 PM

Hi Don,
Nice to hear from you. I was at Mount from 1952-1958, my brother Christopher from 1952 to 1959.
The first step, I think, is for me to find a good and inexpensive host. I'll pursue this shortly. The second step is to somehow get the rights to "theabbeyschool.com" name. I suspect Anthony owns this. If we can't get hold of him, we will need a new name
for the site. Once this is done, the photos, files, etc. on the current Web site must be copied over. We might be able to do this right now, unless there are copyright implications.
Will get back to you soon...
--------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell, QC" <idmitch@candw.ag>
Date: 3 Jun 15:53 (PDT)
To: "Laszlo Kertesz" <lkertesz3@icqmail.com>

Hi Ladislao,
This is an excellent offer. I would be happy to contribute to the costs.
Don
----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell, QC" <idmitch@candw.ag>
Date: 15 Jun 04:24 (PDT)
To: "Maroth De Marothy" <Maroth_De_Marothy@bmc.com>

Hello there,
Any luck with contacting Tony Johnson?
Don
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell, QC" <idmitch@candw.ag>
Date: 15 Jun 04:24 (PDT)
To: "Maroth De Marothy" <Maroth_De_Marothy@bmc.com>

Look forward to hearing from you.
Don
----------------------------------------------------------
So now we are crossing our fingers for some action to happen.

God Bless

Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: class of 1960
Listado: C87.xls
Photo: .lk swimming2
Invitacion deporte
ST_BENEDICT_06
Wayne Vincent Brown's column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.

Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular's mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Lkertesz1@icqmail.com for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela's time is the same as Trinidad's, -04:00 GMT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C87.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname business address Phone e-mail
Defense, Lionel H.
glen
YV

Devaux, Alain
boos



Devaux, Charles 1967 boos
St.Lucia
ferrands@candw.Lc
Devaux, Desmond 1966 boos
St.Lucia

Devaux, John





Devaux, Patrick
boos Pinhead Monteral

Devaux, Raymond
boos
Brossard, P.Q. Canada
Diaz, Vladimir
cosca
YV el tigre

Dolabay,





Dominguez, Luis
glen
YV

Dominguez, Mario
glen
YV

Dornellas, Leslie 1957 roger
Guyana

Dornellas, Michael 1971 lk Specs El Chico Ltd TT (868) 673 3447 vart@carib-link.net, elchico@carib-link.net,
Dos Santos, Peter
roge



Draibas, Ivor OSB roge
Seminarian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments: