Saturday, June 28, 2003

Circular No 86





Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas, 28 of June 2003. Circular No.86
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Here I am enclosing a rumor that has been with us for some time: A MSB reunion in TT.

At our redaction desk in Caracas, we have no information on the event but the following emails were received on the subject.

Can anyone from MSB confirm or deny the event, Fr. Cuthbert? Or the organizers help?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Salvador Coscarart" <salborbolla@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:29:14 -0500

Una pregunta, la reunión que se esta planeando para agosto todavía esta planeada o se ha cancelado. Yo estoy haciendo planes para poder ir pero necesito saber la fecha con seguridad para poder ponerlo en el calendario. Según tengo entendido es para agosto desde el 15 al 17, es eso verdad o como es la cosa. Por favor si tienes alguna información, me la mandas

Bable fish translation:
A question, the reunion that is being planned for August is still being planned or has been cancelled? I am making plans to be able to go but I need to know the date for sure to be able to put it in my calendar. As I have understood it is for August from the 15 to 17, is this true or how is the thing? Please if you have some information, send it to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caracas, 28 of June 2003.

Dear Salvador,
How is life keeping you? Here I am answering your email that you sent some time ago.
I do not know for sure of any class reunion, but it is in the air, but nobody is willing to send an invitation. So I believe it is a reunion of old boys that do not have a computer at home or in their business!!! The invitations must have been and are sent and confirmed by telephone or personal contact.
Thank you for the information on Anthony Johnson. I have passed it on to Don so that he may lead the future of the WEB page.
How about the photos? Send me one at least to get back on track.
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: Nigel Boos <nigelboos@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Reunion
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:57:30 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Ladislao,
In speaking with Joe Azar yesterday, he told me that he had heard from Fr. Cuthbert at MSB that there was to be an Old Boys Reunion at the Mount between August 14-15, 2003. I do not know anything about this, apart from this telephone notification, but you might want to check it out and alert everyone, if it is in fact happening.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Fr. Cuthbert,

I shall be visiting Trinidad between July 30th and August 13th for my niece's wedding and I hope to be able to see you while I'm there.
I hope you're keeping well, and getting holier by the hour.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Dear Joe,

Thanks for the info.

Best regards to all,
Nigel Boos
--------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Donald Goddard" <dgoddard1@cox.net>
To: "BRIAN goddard" <goddardbrian@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:10:01 -0700

Brian:
I've copied Vernon and some other Mount boys here. You may want to contact some of them before your trip. Perhaps they can give you a few leads and names of others you may want to visit during your trip.
Don.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
From: BRIAN goddard
To: cgoddard@cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:48 AM

Christian & Donald, first thanks for the good jokes and please keep them coming; since I need all the humor I can get to keep me going. The reason for this message is to request yr help with a few communication favors.
Please have Mom give you Sandra Goddard´s (De Lima) e-mail address; since I may be going to Trinidad at the end of the month and I may want to say hello to her family there (Vernon, Junior and their mother) if time permits and which hotels are available (Queens Park, etc). Is Hugh Henderson there and would Donald know!!??
My e-mail address: goddardbrian@hotmail.com
Thanks and all the best to all, los quiero mucho,
Brian
------------------------------------------------------------
Well that is all that I have, so those invited to the reunion, please tell us about it, is this a private party? I you what me to send out a general call, please give me the details.
-----------------------------------------------------------
QUIZ 3
I am enclosing a photo of a cross, where was it located?

According to the school building in construction the photo is from 1946. This would mean that the school building was not inhabited until 1948 or there abouts?? Can anyone remember?

God Bless

Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C86.xls
Photo: 1946 msb
Msb Cross, Quiz 3
Great Kiskeeby
ST_BENEDICT_05
Wayne Vincent Brown's column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt -Sorry David but the Express search engine is not sufficiently selective for me to find your columns. Why don´t you copy me when you send the article to the newspaper?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular's mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Lkertesz2@icqmail.com for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela's time is the same as Trinidad's, -04:00 GMT.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C86.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname business address Phone e-mail home address
De Verteuil, Alex 1959 roger
TT Pearl and Dean Advertising (868) 623 1906 623 4781 alexdev@trinidad.net piano
De Verteuil, Daniel 1960
Elmo Delfi group (613) 687 7222 deverted@renc.igs.net Petawawa Ontario Canada
De Verteuil, David 1960
Middle Bage
Oakville, Ca ddeverteuil@cogeco.ca
De Verteuil, David

Peanuts pilot Bwia

De Verteuil, Ian 1958

auto tech bc ca irdev@shaw.ca
De Verteuil, Jacques
roge
elmos brother jacdv@yahoo.com Ottawa, Canada
De Verteuil, Maurice 1960
Small Bage
ont ca mauricedev@hotmail.com chem ing
De Verteuil, Michael 1963

Seminary MSB


De Verteuil, Nicholas 1957 boos
TT VP, BHP Billiton nicholas.n.deverteuil@bhpbillinton.com
De Verteuil, Paul
boos
Engineer profesional (868) 670 0897
De Verteuil, Raymond
boos
Eastman Whipstock in 84

De Verteuil, Richard
roger
UK
rapdev@aol.com
De Verteuil, Robert
roger Nanny goat TT
rdev@tstt.net.tt, diparts@ttol.co.tt, trickirob@yahoo.com,
De Verteuil, Roger
roge




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments: