Saturday, October 04, 2003

Circular No 100




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 4 of October 2003. Circular No. 100
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
Now sing together “Happy centennial anniversary to you, (repeat twice) happy birthday to you CIRCULAR, etc.”
Who would believe it, I did not, until I noticed that there were three digits, but I must catch up to the voluminous job by Wayne Vincent Brown, and not least by “Mr. The Doctor is In”, David Bratt.
So I continue with our unfailing, Don Mitchell, who together with Salvador Coscarart have sent the only photos that I have on the event.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don Mitchell"
Date: 31 Aug 14:51 (PDT)

Hi Ladislao,
The reason there are no names is that I am no good with names. I forget a name within a microsecond of being told it. However, for the "Head Table" (it was not the head table; that was just my jokey name; there was no head table) they are, from left to right: David Bratt, Br. Camilus of Pax Honey and the bakery, Don, Fr Benedict, Fr Christopher, D'Ornellas, Mrs D'Ornellas. We were looking at some of the old photos that Fr Benedict had brought with him. A better name for that photo would be "Examining Fr Benedict's photos" or something like that.
Don
(I doctored the photo after reading the fine print, Circulars, Newsletters, and Photos. Ed.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 22:28 PM
To: idmitch@candw.ag

Dear Don,
I am glad for all the photos, but need names, those that you remember.
I sent Margaret the list of photos I received today; can you place names on the faces?
This one you sent was called head table.
I need the photos on the table!!!! (those shown on the photo)
I hope that the object of discussion, and in hand, was it not the Circulars????
God bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:15:00 -0400, "Don Mitchell" wrote:

Hello Ladislao,
Here I am back in Antigua. The trip to Trinidad is not past, and I must get back to work. But, I would like to send you some of the photographs I took. My computer broke down, and is being repaired. I am borrowing Maggie's at the present. I have downloaded the photos to it, and will attach them one by one to email messages that I shall send to you. I am very bad with names, so please excuse the lack of information. The first one I call "The Head Table."
The old boys of the 1985 class who organised the function treated us all very hospitably. I thoroughly enjoyed the event, and hope that more of us will make it next year. They have promised to make it an annual event.
The monks and Ms Markus attended the Friday event. I attach several photos of them. It was so nostalgic to see them again. Only Fr Abbot was able to make it to the Sunday lunch in the Maraval Valley.
The photos of the men and women in formal dress were taken at the dinner on the Friday night. The ones of us dressed less formally were taken on the Sunday at the home of Mr Hardip-Singh, where we enjoyed viewing the wide array of wild animals surrounding the house.
Very few of the old boys from our generation were present. You will recognise the ones who are in the photos.
All the best,
Don
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Margaret Mitchell"
Date: 31 Aug 16:30 (PDT)
Subject: Reunion 2003

Hi Ladislao,
I am still borrowing Maggie's computer. I hope to get mine back tomorrow.
No, I did not see Anthony Lucky. As you will realise from the photos, there were very few of the "very old" old boys present. That was only to be expected, given that the reunion was originally intended to be limited to the class of '85. I expect that there will be many more there for the reunion of 2004.
Now, we have to hope that Salvador will make progress with the web site. Either we get Tony to help, or, we simply start a new one. If only I had ever learned the slightest bit about creating a web site, I would be in there starting up a temporary replacement one immediately.
We have to hope that more of the photos from Fr Benedict's collection can be scanned, and eventually all of the surviving school records. We desperately need to have them on a site for those who are interested to view and down load.
Keep well.
Don
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Urbano"
Subject: The last games:
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:23:07 -0400

Ladislao.
I would say this is the last souvenir I have from Mount, let it circulate.
I am sure Farcheg is having a big laugh while reading.
How where the scores who could remember ???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So another week, but this time I am sending out the Circular on time.
Still awaiting information from the 1) Event’s committee, 2) Fr. Christopher, 3) Leonard Abbot, 4) David Bratt, 5) Charitable soul.
From this last appeal you can judge that even with the latest communication methods, if fingers do not type and email are not sent out, the best of wishes are not enough.
I must insist because I do not want the organizer think that we were not diligent and persuasive enough.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C100.xls
Letter by Urbano Fedak: Carta football 1958 full
Photo from Bernard Fontaine:
Photo Salvador Coscarart 2004, SC Fr. Benedict and Winston
Wayne Vincent Brown’s column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt –Listen to the Children
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS
Listado C100.xls

Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone, e-mail
Hutton, Andrew (RIP)
Eden



Hutton, Benedict 1958 roge



Hutton, Bruce
r de v
Roofing (868) 662 3502 rssl@carib-link.net
Hutton, Christopher (RIP)
Eden



Hutton, Eden
roge


edenhutton@hotmail.com,
Hutton, Julien
roge
Julian

Ian




g4iuz.icope@ntlworld.com
Ibarra, Frank Eduardo
glen
YV ccs

Ibarreche, Aitor
cosca
YV cumana

Ildefons, Fr. OSB, Teacher lk



Imbert, Colm
jgioannetti
T&T Minister of Health (868) 628 0560
Imbert, Ian
jgioannetti brother of colim

Ince, Cecil
boos
Bbdos

Iriarte, Gustavo A.
glen
YV

Iwaskiewicz,
glen
YV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: