Saturday, December 27, 2003

Circular No 112



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 27 of December 2003. Circular No. 112
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends:

From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Date: 24 Dec 01:39 (PST)
Subject: Seasons Greetings, 2003/4.

Dear Family and Friends,
Once again I am doing my thing at the last moment! If you ever receive any holiday communication from me in advance of the occasion you would do well to question whether I am still the person that you know. 'Leopards' and 'spots' comes to mind.
This year, Cindy and Charles and myself have been invited to spend the next three days with my good friend Monty and his family in wettest Norfolk, where part of the directions include 'bring tall boots, and when the road leads into the river just keep going - it is the only paved river in England'. If this experience turns out to be 'exciting' then I will report in due course, otherwise you can assume that my imagination is overworking itself.
To you all, and all others who you know that I know and can pass this message to, I send from the three of us here our Greetings, and our wish that you and yours have a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Untroubled New Year.
With Love,
Christopher,
Cindy and Charles.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the multiple Christmas wishes, like the above. I shall include them one by one during the next weekends.
I am sorry that you were sent multiple cards from the Circular, but I still do not know how to operate the system. As they say better twice than never.
And talking about never, I can inform you that after 112 Circulars there are some classmates, personal friends that have been receiving??? the Circulars but . . . ????? (please interpret).
No worry, I have them in my heart, and I am glad to have met them, around 45 years ago.
I shall send these out every week, work permitting.
Note: If you do not want to receive the correspondence, please let me know, no harm, I know that my prose requires lots of improvement.
Here I am including a compendium of emails from Christopher; I hope that he does not mind that I have included all his unpublished email, even if they are old.
Like I remind you, I print all of your emails, but you must have patience.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Happy Easter.
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:51:38 +0100

Dear Friends and Family,
Today is Easter Sunday, and for many of us is a day similar to Christmas, that time of year when we remember all those who are and have been part of our lives and with whom we would like to share some time and company again. This is not always possible, so the next best thing is just to say a quick Hello.
Well, Hello!
Some of you I know that I will see soon, some in a few months or years and some maybe not at all, but you all mean a great deal to me, and I wish you all the Blessings and Greetings of this day, and the continuing favour of the Almighty, difficult to appreciate sometimes, but always there for those of us who need it, and I suppose that just about covers everybody.
Much Love,
Christopher.
Please reply to knowlescb@ntlworld.com (Preferred) or to knowlescb@hotmail.com
Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Happy Birthday!!
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 19:33:10 +0100

Dear Ladislao,
Happy Birthday!!
60 on Easter Sunday! A readymade weekend for celebration. You share the day with Marcus Aurelius, Louis Napoleon III, George Takei (Sulu of Star Trek) and an infamous German Leader. Well, they can't all be nice people.
I always thought that we were the same age, but now I see that I should have thought of you as an 'old boy'. I am almost eleven months younger that you (First March 1944), but I am sure, judging from bits and pieces from your Mount Circulars, that you are
far more fit and adventurous than I am. Whenever we meet I am sure that I will be able to confirm that.
Seriously though, enjoy this significant milestone, keep well, and God's Blessings on you and yours.
Chris.
------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Subject: MSB Quiz 2 150, Newsletter 77.
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 20:39:03 +0100

Ladislao,
Is this either Gerald Most or Csaba Jacobsen? The face is familiar.
I think if it was not one of my choices this person was at MSB in the late 50s, early 60s.
By the way, where does the first quiz appear?
I have not received No 76, so if possible please send it to me.
Chris Knowles.
---------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Subject: MSB Quiz No 3.
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:06:43 +0100

Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for the repeat of No 76. After I received it I found the original, which I had filed in the wrong place.
You enquired about my sister Frances. As you may remember, she was married to Graham Gonsalves, but unfortunately they parted company some fifteen or more years ago. She is well, in TT, and is working for the administration office of the Catholic Church for the Antilles area, and is also a full time abuela, which she enjoys immensely. She and Graham have three grandchildren (from daughter Joanna). She and Graham keep in touch with one another.
For Quiz No 3, the people in the photo are:
Michael Howard, Ladislao Kertesz, Jose (Pepe) Braggio and Fr Cuthbert.
You didn't give the answer to No 2.
Please let us know.
Best Wishes,
Christopher.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 04:13:11 +0100

Dear Ladislao,
Hear are a few bits of information.
Basanta, dayboy from Tunapuna, is David Basanta.
Some nicknames:
Graham Gonsalves - Big Beaver.
His younger brother Brent was Small Beaver.
Richard Gransaull was Muscle Toe Joe.
Brian Goddard was Kid Spider.
God Bless,
Chris Knowles.
------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Old Boys.
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 01:11:45 +0100

Dear Ladislao,
Somehow I have not received No 80 and 81. Could you send me these items?
I have just received No 82 and the information about the difficulties with the web page. Maybe you can contact Anthony through his brothers Bernard and Claude, assuming that the Anthony in question is the one that I knew.
As for your question about the future life of the web page - I sincerely hope that Anthony or another Old Boy will be able to move it forward. Maybe Graham, as he certainly has the skills, but I don't know about his other circumstances. As for me, all my MSB stuff is in Trinidad and I am in England, (I had thought that I had some here, but no) so until I go home on holiday next year I will
have only my faltering memory to rely on. I know that this is not the helpful reply that you would have liked to see, but it is all I can say at the moment.
Best Regards,
Chris Knowles.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Caracas, 28 of June 2003.

Dear Chris,
I am sorry that you have not received some of the circulars, I shall send them in due time.
Do you have a photo either from a trip, company photo, condecoration, knighthood, mug shot, etc., that you can send?
I hope that I can meet you when you get to TT. Who knows?
The WEB page is still with no takers, although Boxhead is after a solution and has offered to pay one year costs?
I would like to be also a one year contributor as soon as the future is clear.
So keep well and send the photo and any information that might make tears run!!!
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Chris Knowles" <knowlescb@ntlworld.com>
Date: 28 Jul 19:16 (PDT)
Subject: Reunion.

Dear Friends,
Much as I would like to attend, I cannot make it to the reunion.
I am living in England (and will be here for at least three years more, I think) and unfortunately cannot make a trip to TT this year.
Enjoy the event!
When it is over send commentaries and evidence!
I look forward to hearing about it.
Best Wishes to All, Very Old, Old, and Not So Old,
Christopher Knowles,
MSB 1955 to 1960.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to inform you that I have not had news from Pepe Braggio this year, hope he is well!!.
I have no address for David Basanta, can anyone help???
I suggest that you write and place yourself in the pages of history, who knows I might ask V.S. Naipaul to write a few lines. I have meant to ask him for a few lines on MSB.

God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C112.xls
Photo: 1989 Rear monastery
2003 029 Clinton Ross
Column: David Bratt - ire sweet
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS

Listado C112.xls

Names Form V Contact Nickname Business address Phone, e-mail
Moffat, Andrew


Uk???

Moffat, Lindsey


Uk???

Moffat, Nigel 1966 gabby Pnhead Uk???

Moffie, Edgar 1972 cosca
YV maturin (0291) 643 7455 emoffie@hanover-co.com.ve
Moffie, Eloy 1973 cosca
YV maturin (0283) 255 1587 moffiea@pdvsa.com
Mohammed, Azizul 1972 glen



Mohammed, Gangoo
cosca
TT

Mohammed, Kahn
cosca
TT Sangre grande
Monplasir, Stuart
lk
St. Lucia
stumon@yahoo.com,
Monterola, Miguel
glen
YV

Montiel, Alfredo 1972 cosca fofeo YV ccs (0212) 263 6111 amontielb@telcel.net.ve
Montiel, Gonzalo 1970 glen
YV San Juaquin gonzalo.montiel@empresas-polar.com.ve
Mora, Stan





Morales, Daniel
glen
YV

Morales, Luis
glen
YV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: