Saturday, December 06, 2003

Circular No 109



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 6 of December 2003. Circular No. 109
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

One of the newcomers to the Circular:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Natividad Cabello"
Date: 11 Nov 10:02 (PST)

Ladislao:
Tengo que agradecerte el tiempo que dedicaste a hablar conmigo para tratar de incluirme entre los contactos de los viejos estudiantes del The Abbey School. Cuando me llamaste pensé que estabas llamando a mi hermano Winston Cabello quien
estuvo estudiando 1ro, 2do y 3er Año, también mi primo Miguel Ángel estuvo un año mas que hermano. Yo apenas estuve estudiando el 1er Año y de verdad que los amigos que tenía están la mayoría en Caripe Edo Monagas quienes estuvieron en ese Colegio mucho tiempo y los veo de vez en cuando estoy de vacaciones. En estoy momentos estoy dedicado a mi familia, trabajo y la parte espiritual casi que no me dejan tiempo para más nada, mas aun cuando no domino el idioma Ingles bien.
De todas maneras gracias por todo y que tenga el mejor de los éxitos en la organización que pretendes realizar.
Saludos.

-------------------English version----------- Babel fish version
Ladislao: I have to thank you for the time that you have dedicated to speak with me, trying to include me between the contacts of the old students of the The Abbey School. When you called me I thought that you were calling my brother Winston, who
studied Form 1, 2 and 3, also my cousin Miguel Angel who went one more year than brother. I only did Form 1, and my friends were mainly from Caripe Edo Monagas, who were in School for a longer time. I see them once in a while when I am on vacations.
At this time I am dedicated to my family, work and the spiritual part, I have almost no time for anything, even though I do not dominate the Ingles language well.
Anyway thanks for everything and I wish you success in the organization which you
try to make. Greetings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Csaba Jakobszen"
Date: 10 Nov 05:27 (PST)
Subject: online again!

Hello Ladislao,
At last I'm online again! As I had let you know some months ago it had been our intention to move to Spain for good and we'd bought an apartment in the vicinity of Valencia more than 6 years ago. Now, thank God, we are finally here and enjoying fully the benefits of this subtropical climate which cannot be compared to the weather of central Europe.
I am actually in a kind of a "pre-retirement" stage and will retire officially in May 2004 when I'll be 65 years old. Right now, my wife and I are pretty busy with all the changes we want to realise in the apartment, but in a month or two we should have most of these things done and then I’ll have more time to engage in more frequent communication with you and the "Mount boys".
As far as personal achievements go, I can brag about the fact that in August I've also become grandfather as my daughter Christine bore a son!
My new Tel/Fax is: +34 96 117 5109 and Postal address: Apartado de Correos Nº 122 E-46220 Picassent (Valencia)
I¨ll be very grateful if you start sending me again all the circulars which you do so well and with which you contribute so much to help so many of us to re-establish contact with so many dear old friends.
Un abrazo
Csaba
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Donald Goddard"
Date: 9 Nov 08:06 (PST)

Dear Ladislao:
Please don't even think about giving up your great work of maintaining the Mount Boys informed about one another's whereabouts and about the old place. I believe that most of us really do enjoy receiving your newsletter although our feed back at times is not continuous. In my case, it's been two weeks since I checked my email at home and of the many I found this time, your MSB circular is one of those I like to read.
Best Wishes to all.
Donald Goddard
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what is the news on Jeffrey Gransaull? Here is a transcript, thanks to Internet.

Not only was the Racing Class winner a surprise to the line up at the overall prize giving, but we had two, "not so new", but new to the winnings, both Cruising and Cruiser Racer non spinnaker classes.
Firstly, "Budget Nautique" skippered by Dominic Wallace and crewed by the staff of Budget Marine Chandlery Trinidad sailed consistently well and managed to obtain the overall position of Cruising non-spinnaker class.
In the Cruiser Racer non-spinnaker class, "Spirit of St. Nick" skippered by Jeffery Gransaull took home the overall trophy.
We are delighted that our local yachtsmen came out on top and are extremely proud of them in all their accomplishments.
Cruiser-Racer Class (non-spinnaker)
1st place Spirit of St. Nick J. Gransaull
2nd place Wayward J. Mc. Quilkin
3rd place Hugo H. Bailey
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Michael Howard"
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 12:54:48 -0400

Hi Ladislao,
I see that you are coming on the 14th for a few days. Why don't we get together on the following Wednesday the 21st for dinner. You can call me in the office at 665-5555 or at home at 632-1531.
I was in Canada recently and met my cousin Roland d'Ababie who has lived there for many years. He was very interested to hear about the web site. Here is his address etc.
Roland d'Abadie
297 Hounslow Ave
North York
Ontario M2R 1H4
Canada
Phone (416) 785 7935 Fax (416) 785 7939
e-mail: roland@on.aibn.com
I also met Frank de Matas in the office recently. If you remember he used to teach at the Mount. He promised to send me an e-mail address which I have not received as yet. His telephone # is (868) 662-3562 (I STILL WOULD LIKE TO GET HIS EMAIL ADDRESS. Ed.)
Bernard d'Abadie who is Roland's younger brother also promised to send me his e-mail address, which I have also not received as yet.
Regards
Mike.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You might have noticed that slowly I have been sending out Xmas cards, please reply to let us know that you are well and your email address is correct.

I would like to remind those that have not written that I have reserved a space for them in future issues. Remember that I can only publish those exchanges that have taken place, and if you do not write I cannot publish your news.

I mention this, because I know that some of you resent that I include and copy certain individuals while there is no mention of your name. Those that write more frequently are going to appear most often.

Also I ask patience for those that have written and do not see their articles; I have made a list of Circulars that has stretched to about five issues, (something unheard of). Also you have seen that the Circular is longer, in my format it usually takes up four pages.

God Bless

Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C109.xls
Photo: Dornellas, fr. Marius, fr.Christopher by Dornellas, Graham Gonsalves by Gioanneti
Column: David Bratt Letter from Talavera
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C109.xls

Names Form V Contact nicknames business address Phone, e-mail
Marini, Giovanni


YV (416) 925 2366 gmarini@cemex.com.ve
Markus, Kitty Teacher

TT (868) 663 1173
Marquez, Bruce
roge



Martin, David





Fr. Martin 1958 maurice



Mata, Pedro Jose
glen
YV

Mathas, Trevor
roge



Mathieu, Ronald
roge
TT

Mayuen, Joseph
cosca
TT

McCartney, Richard
lee
AU

Mccoy, Glen
salvad



McCoy, Glenn
cosca
TT

McCoy, Hudson





McCoy, Michael
Mickey



Mccoy, Vincent
roge



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: