Saturday, September 13, 2003

Circular No 97



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas, 13 of September 2003. Circular No. 97
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

I am annexing an email from Leonard Abbott, and the photo of the committee that planed the EVENT.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Ladislao,

Here is the picture of the committee you requested. We are in the process compiling a list of all the old boys that attended. Once it is completed I will forward it to you.

The names from Left to right are:

Aaron Chin Albert; Leonard Abbott; Avalon Kalloo; Abbot Francis; Reza Harditsingh; Miguel Gonzalez; Robert O' Connell; Kerry Costello; Garvin Gonzales

Best regards,

Leonard Abbott
Phone: 1-868-669-8102/ 8
Mobile: 1-868-763-7073
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz [mailto:lkertesz1@icqmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 10:11 PM
To: leonard@tstt.net.tt

Dear Leonard,
I have received some reports and photos of the EVENT. These shall be published starting 30 of August, Circular 94.
I would like to include one by the committee.
I would like to include then names of those that assisted; maybe the list of people buying the ticket would be a good start.
Please send information as you feel these should be good for the promotion of the next EVENT.
Hope you have rested from the events work and enjoyed yourself.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Demorvay, Peter" <Peter.Demorvay@LASMO.com.ve>
Date: 31 Aug 12:24 (PDT)

Hello Ladislao,
With all the notices prior to the big reunion of old Mount boys I thought some of the poor Venezuelans would make it to TT and take in some sun & fun in the Caribbean. I thought I read Donald Goddard threatening to show up ??
As for me I would have liked to show up just to see how the old place and some of my classmates look after all these years (I finished in the "middle ages" in 1962). I don't remember most of my classmates, except for those from Venezuela: Chabita (Gerhard Most ), Iwaskiewicz, Mickiewicz. I know I kept the list of my classmates, but to find it is another matter.
I managed to pass through Piarco airport many times in the 60´s and 70´s on my way to Grenada. I can understand how David Bratt feels about the place. Back then it was only slightly better than Grenada's. With the current situation in the country I can only keep on working where I can, usually in these God forsaken oil patches of Venezuela. No chance for retirement, or a cushy job in a university with lots of time off.!!
Greetings to all those old Mount boys out there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The old memories remain:
Lifting Mr Lionel Tyrell's old Morris 8 automobile and carrying it up the steps to the lower classroom landing hallway. (He never found out who did this but we all got flogged anyway)
Do you remember "Toots"? We used to spray ink on the back of his suit when he walked by in the isle of the classroom.
I really felt sorry that we all did this. Poor fella.
Then there was the freshman initiation as a new student started school, they had to be thrown into the bougainvillea hedge with all the thorns. ouch. That really hurt for days after.
Smoking in the bathrooms and getting caught every time.
Throwing the compass point at the blackboard while the teacher had his back turned.
And the Dean of Discipline....I was in his office every day it seemed like getting my ass caned.
(Amongst all of this, I managed to get an education somehow.)
I now live in the USA and would really like to get info from time to time., however you won't be able to fax me because it will be a long distance call for you.
Is it anyway possible that you can e-mail stuff to: paul.delabastide@att.net ??
I used to hang out with the Costello's, Rostant's, Russell Cuhna, Gregory Farfan, Bruce Hutton, The Kirtons and de Pass boys, so that should clue you in to my era (now 53).
I have been asking around for while now as to what ever happened to The Abbey School and all its records. Do they have a web site that I can go to and do research on old student lists?
Let me know your response.
Please keep in touch

Paul
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If any one of you remember those mentioned by Paul de la Bastide, (Does anyone know where Mr. Lionel Tyrell is?) (Also the first name of the Kirtons, Costellos, Rostants,) (We have not been luck with Russell Cuhna) Please give us their whereabouts or FW this to them so that they may be included in the mailing list.

Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C97.xls
Photo by Don: Photo of the committee 030909 names a
Photos Salvador Coscarart and Joseph Mayuen
Wayne Vincent Brown's column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt - Chicken Little
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS

Listado C97.xls
Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone e-mail
Gransaull, Jeffrey 1962 roger
Capt. BWIA (868) 632 3879 jggran@tstt.net.tt
Gransaull, Richard 1960 boos Muscle Toe left in 1959 (868) 633 1892 rag@trinidad.net, kristen_gransaull@hotmail.com,
Gregory, Fr. OSB, Teacher lk



Gregory, J





Griffiths, Marco
glen
YV

Grossberg,





Grossmann, Ladislao





Guerra, Anthony Vincent
glen
YV

Guerra, Omar
pablo
Maracaibo
omarguerra@hotmail.com ????
Guildner, Harry
roger



Guillen, Alejandro
glen
YV

Gurley, Denis

Dennis TT, 129 Abercombie St. (868) 623 4283 Fax 625 2984 623 4281 dgurley@jdsellier.com www.jdsellier.com
Gyuris, Attila
glen
YV

Haaly, Tim
cosca
Surinam

Hale, Roderick
hugg



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: