Saturday, September 20, 2003

Circular No 98



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 20 of September 2003. Circular No. 98
----------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Here are some more exchanges on the EVENT. Also I have news from an old new comer, Fr. Francis Friesen, our and my music teacher of the 1960s.
----------------------------------------------------
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:22:38 -0400, "David E. Bratt MD" wrote:
Ladislao,
My problem is that my notes are on another computer which I cannot access at until next week.  I have written something from memory but that is fallible so I
need to check my notes.
Later,
"El doctor esta en alguna parte, pero no se sabe donde...."  :)
---------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz [mailto:lkertesz1@icqmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 9:35 PM
To: dbratt@trinidad.net
Subject: Reunion
Caracas, 29 of August 2003.
Dear David,
I am expecting some nice information with your prose, about the EVENT.
I have reserved an issue to cover the event, by “the Doctor is in"
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:17:58 -0400, "David Bratt" wrote:
Ladislao,
It went very, very well. You guys must come next year. I'll send you a more complete report later in the week, am very busy now.
Dave
---------------------------------------------------------------
Now the following lines from Fr. Francis Friesen

From: Berchmanianum 
Date: 9 Sep 01:20 (PDT)

Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for your email. A splendid idea to keep contact with former co-students by means of weekly exchanges.
I do remember your name and that you belonged to the "gang from Venezuela". I would be happy to get your publication occasionally, so as to refresh me memory
about those happy days with you and the other guys, on that mountain top in Trinidad, so many years ago!
My address, as you have it, is correct, email included. Let me know your own ordinary address as well, for I am not able to reach you regularly unless by
ordinary letter. Kind regards to all,
Sincerely,
Fr Francis Friesen

P.S. Our telephone number is 024-3838485
------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 14 Sep 10:57 (PDT)
Subject: Message from Father Friesen/Netherlands
Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for sending me your address.
To answer your question: Yes, I can receive email, like the one you used to contact me, which is the email address for this house; Berchmanianum.
No problem, as for receiving goes, and I look forward to receive your newsletters on this way.
I spoke with Father Paul on the phone. He was your teacher mathematics and physics, left the Abbey in 1963, and is now 87 years old.
He, too, remembers you, although vaguely, and sends you his kind regards. He does not have an email and is not in good health at all.
Both of us have had no access to the computer world, and for me, at the age of 82, and being almost blind, it will remain so.
This message reaches you through the kindness of one of my cousins in Holland, for the use the house email is not open to us, except for receiving messages.
I ask you please to keep using the Berchmanianum@wxs.nl email address.
All the best and God bless,

Father Francis.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Here I am enclosing an exchange regarding the future of the circulars as for
possible use by historians o for the purpose of a future book.

From: David E. Bratt MD, Trinidad, West Indies" 
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:07:19 -0400

Ladislao,
I have no problem with anything that you have sent or will send.
I do not think you should delete anything from your files. I delete because I am depending on you to save everything!  I think you should set up an archive which
should be accessible to any one who wants information on MSB.
It's a wonderful idea you have for a historian to use what you are collecting for a book on Mount.
All the best,
David
---------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" 
To: 
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 9:19 AM

Dear David,
Yes I agree that not all articles are to our liking or we adhere but I have made it a policy that I cannot censure the articles, only modify them by cutting parts
of it is they tend to be a personal attack or something like that. Should I delete the article from file?.
In the case of WVB he was upset because he though that I was discriminating by not sending out his anti American ones. I told him that it was not true; it was
because I could not get it from the newspaper every week so he is sending them to me for inclusion. So what can I do?.
If the article has been in the public domain then it must have some merit.
I keep a file on all pertinent material for future sending out or to keep information that might help a historian for a book on MSB, which I hope someone
would write.
I need help from kids like you to balance the contents of the circular and make it interesting. I know that there is going to be an end to these in the
foreseeable future because of the lack of stories and photos; I keep a few for me to write in case things go slow.
God Bless.
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------
On Sat, 11 January 2003, "David E. Bratt MD, Trinidad, West Indies" wrote: 
I keep what I like and delete the rest, I am banking on you to archive do you?
I have tried once to get in touch with the St. Augustine doctors and I will try again next week.  Careful with the march tomorrow.
David
--------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" 
To: 
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 11:33 PM

Dear David,
The articles were written Anthony Vieira from Guyana.
I need more of your articles as I am out of them!!
What about the St. Augustine doctors?
I hope that the Circulars are not getting to occupy too much space?
Have I to go to .zip?  Your comments.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The circular is expecting articles from our writers.

God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C98.xls
Photo of David Pampellone
Photo by Salvador Coscarar. Photo of Kristof de Marothy at the bridge from school
to the reservoir.
Wayne Vincent Brown’s column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt –Paediatrics in TT
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C98.xls 
Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone e-mail
Hares, Eddie J.
boos Eddie TT (868) 622 1385
Harris, Alan 1982

Ontario
francesh@rogers.com
Hart, Anthony
azar



Henderson, Christopher 1958 roger
UK
ccjhenderson@yahoo.co.uk,
Henderson, Gary
roge


pat3991@aol.com
Henderson, Hugh 1956 roger head prefect TT
h&jhenderson@wow.net
Henderson, Roger 1960
Nylon TT, Total Finance, 7-9 Wrightson Rd, (868) 625 9029 rhenderson@tstt.net.tt, totfin@tstt.net.tt
Henderson, Stuart 1963 roger Cush TT (868) 637 1126 stuart@cablenett.net
Henderson, Wayne
roge
Houston
wayne5735@aol.com
Henriquez, Jose Antonio
glen
YV

Herman, Hans Seminarian roge
Seminarian
Hernandez, Arnaldo Montero
glen
YV

Herrera, Allan


Ansa Mcal
Herrera, Geoffrey
boos
Herrera consulting hcparch@carik-link.net,
Herrera, Hamish 1965 lk
Trinidad contractors Lbc@carib-link.net,
Herrera, Michael 1960
Mike Guardian Life (868) 628 9128 ext.3016 mherrera@ghl.co.tt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: