Saturday, March 29, 2003

Circular No 73




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 29 of March 2003. Circular No. 73
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
A short story about Father Eugene, sent in by Tony Vieira:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Tony Vieira
Date: Tue Mar 4 19:20:14 2003
Ladislao,
Talking about father Eugene, one day I fell down in the pole vault pit and broke my wrist, I always smile when I see the new air filled landing pads the current athletes use for pole vaulting, our pole vault pit was sawdust and as hard as concrete, both bones just above the wrist were broken [confirmed later by X-ray and a cast which I had to endure for 6 weeks] so Scruts sent me up to the dorm, it was Saturday so no nurse, when I got to the dorm, I was met with the astonishing sight of Eugene doing pull ups on the first cubicle next to his room in his shorts. That night after I told the boys about it, Edward Lloyd, Steve, Maline Smith and Cow Spray [anyone remember cow spray's real name?] mobilised the boys who waited until Eugene was about to make his last round, and they started doing pull ups on their cubicles, forcing a clearly embarrassed Eugene to flee and seek refuge in his room.
As far as the colour of the cubicle was concerned, I was never invited to choose the colour of MY cubicle, and if the place was still functional I would sue. Does anyone else remember picking the colour of their cubicle? As I recall, all were painted this really sick cream colour. The cubicle next to mine was occupied by the French boy Piton, does anyone remember him? My job was to help him with his English since he did not speak one word of the language, Piton had one wrangler Jeans which he wore everyday for the entire term, and he did not have to hang up those jeans, it stood up by itself when he took it off.
My cubicle was close to the toilet, it was on the side of the dorm which faced the mountain, from my cubicle, on most nights the toilet looked like it was on fire, and there was that much smoke coming out of it. The amount of cigarettes we threw in the toilets at the Mount killed all the bacteria in the septic tanks and caused an environmental hazard. The poetic justice of it all was that it was that we who caused that incredible stench in the first place, were forced to breathe it in day and night.
Tony Vieira
P.S. Ladislao, I have spoken to the men here about the airport matter, our international flights are all controlled by US based companies and there are few if any Guyanese pilots who would benefit from such an exercise. I am still looking into it.
I bought a P4 computer and in the process of transferring all of the data to the new computer from the old hard drive the idiot technician erased all of my e-mails, so please send me the link to your site again, I had to wait for you to email me with the new circular before I could tell you about it since I have lost all emails and addresses.
I have decided to run in the 2006 Presidential elections, I announced it last week check www.tonyvguy.com commentary UF, I have taken over the United Force Political party and even if I don't get the presidency [I don't think I can anyway] I will, with the other small parties control the parliament and hold the balance of power in the country.
T.V.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "JonGolding"
Subject: Relocated to Trinidad
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:43:31 -0500
Hi Ladislao,
Please pass this on to all the guys who left around 1960 and 1961.
My brother Geoffrey was in class with you, the Galts, David Pampellone, Michael Herrera, Manuel Prada, Louis Lacour, Bernard Johnson, Chris Knowles, Matias de Fedak, Wayne Vincent Brown, Roger Henderson, etc.
My class had Pablo Figuera, Roberto Savignon, Robert Elias, Tilson Tang, Peter Gibson, Christian Goddard (at one time), Richard Farah, Stuart Monplaisir, and many others.
Have you heard from all of these people? What news of the Figueras and of the Savignons?
I am now resettled back in Trinidad after 37 years in Europe, America, Middle East, India, and a few other places, running the Private Banking Division of RBTT Financial Holdings, the biggest banking group in the Caribbean.
It's really a great life here relating to my roots which no-one overseas could really understand and I was blessed to get this job - helped with references from some of the names I have mentioned. The Old Boys Network really does work!!
I have met some of the guys back here but not had a chance to go up the hill yet. Do you know if Voosh still has some of the many photos he took while we were there? I am thinking of going up with a laptop and a scanner to capture some of these from him. What do you think?
Best wishes
Jon Golding
PS What is Louis Lacour's email address?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C73.xls
Photo: msba 6404 p01
SCAN 0002Tv (Monastery in guyana) Need names left to right for the photo!!!
Tony Vieira
Song. 145858-1-03 mae mae
Column: wvb - No column has been received, sorry.
Column: dbratt –No column has been received
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5695
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C73.xls
Names Form V Contact nicknames business address business phone e-mail home address home phone
Arreaza, Romulo Alberto 1968 glen whg YV (0212) 681 2445 raaa50@cantv.net bomba (0212) 977 0321
Arriganagar, Denesh Dr.
jgioannetti

Chief of Surgery at Saint Augustine Private Hospital
Arrindell, Robert
roger Fowl

lamki@tstt.net.tt
Arrindell, Roger







Arrinega, Denesh Dr.


Dayboy



Assam, Mervyn
roge
Dayboy



Assam, Michael





football
Atela, Azier 1958 roge spaceman Caracas, Venezuela (0212) 993 6549 azieatel102@cantv.net
Atkins,







Augustine, Fr. OSB, Teacher
TT



Augustus, Earl

Teacher




Aurmaitre,
glen
YV



Austin, Ken Dr.
boos





Austin, Trevor (RIP)
roge





Azar Joseph 1955 joe joe
(868) 628 6650 / (868) 637 9726

No comments: