Saturday, November 29, 2003

Circular No 108



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 29 of November 2003. Circular No. 108
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Latest news from the ABBEY:

Date: 22 Nov 04:00 (PST)

Dear Fr. Abbot,

Congratulations and good work, I am glad that you have been chosen to lead the Monastery.
I know that it is a hard and demanding work, but with God’s help, and of course, your fellow clergy you will do an excellent tenure.
Be sure that this Circular and those that went to the Abbey School will support you.
If you have news that you would like to spread, please feel free to write me.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 02:12:25 +0000, "John Pereira" wrote:

Dear Ladislao,
Keep up the good work! Your circulars find a lot of interest at the Abbey, especially among some of the older monks.
The Abbey School is an integral part of our history and I encourage you to continue seeking out the people and the stories that made it happen.
Yours truly,
Abbot John (fifth Abbot of Mount St Benedict)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Now here is a newcomer to the Circulars, please read on.
Once the Web page is reactivated, his resume shall be posted.

From: "Ian Rodrigues"
Date: 30 Jun 11:51 (PDT)

Hi Laszlo,
Thank you for your reply. I attended MSB back in the year 1948 when I was a seminarian at St. John Vianney. The main reason was to catch up on my Latin for in those days that was the language of the church. Most of my schooling was done in Guyana where I graduated from high school. During my time at the Mount some of my classmates were Osmond Gomes (since
dec'd), Fr Vincent Compton, Bernard Gomes, Cecil DaSilva. Just to name a few. A lot of my contempories I have lost touch with for obvious reasons. There is a Latin phrase that describes it adequately, i.e. Tempus Fugit. However, there are memories of the school that will live on forever and I thank God for them, and the many good priests that laboured to make us the men we are today.
I am retired after may years as a lawyer in my own practice and still find time to volunteer in ministry during the winter in the Caribbean. Thank God for that!
So much for me and my escapades.
God bless you and your family. Keep up the good work you are doing!
Ian

(Does anyone know the whereabouts of those named by Ian? Ed.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
To: rodrigues_id@hotmail.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Ian
Thank you for the encouragement.
Please tell me about yourself for the resume section of the web page. I would like you to tell me when did you graduate, year, and if you did not graduate at MSB then the would have been date!
Can you help with email address of other oldboys? Did you have family members at MSB?
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------->
On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 17:17:46 -0400, "Ian Rodrigues" wrote:

Laszlo,
I want to take this opportunity to commend and congratulate you on the time and effort you have spent on sending us the MSB circulars. I hope you continue even though it must take quite a bit of your time.
God Bless you!
Ian
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ian Rodrigues"
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 10:46:29 -0400

Lad, thank you for your reply. No, Fr. Francis did not contact me, neither did I get in touch with him, since my mail to him was refused and there it stands.
God bless!
Ian
------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz"
To: rodrigues_id@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 14:32:32 +0000

Dear Ian,
I hope Fr. Francis did contact you, let me know.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------
To: ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:33:12 -0400

My friend,
I took it right from the bulletin as you suggest; but it did not work. I would appreciate any help you could give me for I would like to get in touch with him.
Thanks a whole lot.
God bless!
Ian
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: rodrigues_id@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:10:32 +0000

Dear Ian,
The email address is as shown in the Circular. It has been copied direct form the answers I received. Maybe you should add, Fr. Francis Friesen??
If you cannot get through I can FW.
God Bless
Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Subject: Fr. Francis Friesen,OSB
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:42:36 -0400

Dear Ladislao,
Can you please confirm for me the address via e-mail for Fr. Francis in Holland?
I wrote him a letter but it was returned to me. The address I used was the one shown in the bulletin. It was shown as: berchmanianum@wxs.nl
Thank you very much
Ian Rodrigues
----------------------------------------------------------------
FROM INFORMATION THAT WE RECEIVE, THERE SEEMS TO BE PROBLEMS WITH THE ATTACHMENTS IN CERTAIN INTERNET SERVICES, SO FROM NOW IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A PHOTO OR ATTACHMENT PLEASE INFORM YOUR INTERNET SERVICE AND WRITE ME SO THAT WE MAY WORK OUT A SOLUTION. OF COURSE IF YOU NO NOT WISH TO GET THE ATTACHMENTS, THIS SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM.
------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless

Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C108.xls
Photo: 2006 SC
Scan 329 school rear
Column: David Bratt the placebo effect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS

Listado C108.xls

Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone, e-mail
Luongo, Humberto 1967 pablo
YV Maturin, caripito (0416) 489 3234
Luongo, Miguel Angel
cosca
YV Cumanacoa
MacCauley, Lawrence roger
TT

MacIntosh, Llewellyn Teacher jgioannetti Calypso Singer Short Pants
(868) 629 2078 trincoll@tstt.net.tt
Mafie, Roland





Mafisi, Philip 1958

YV

Maingot, John
roge



Malaver, Carlos
glen
YV

Malaver, Frank
glen
YV

Malaver, Inocente
glen
YV

Malaver, Jose
cosca
YV

Maneiro, Carlos
cosca
YV Maturin

Maravels
lk



Marconi, Franco 1972 glen
YV

Marin, Carlos Julio
glen
YV

Marin, Juan





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: