Saturday, August 09, 2003

Circular No 92

Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 9 August 2003. Circular No. 92
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Some more information on the Event, and the emails that have preceded it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Leonard Abbott" <leonard@tstt.net.tt>
Date: 2 Aug 19:02 (PDT)

Dear Ladislao,
Just to give you an update, Mr. Bernard Tappin (1961) contacted me today and he is assisting in contacting more old boys that he knows. I tried making contact with Dr. Bratt, however all I'm getting is his office voice mail. I left a message there but did not get a response. I will try again on Monday, but if you have a home contact number for him please let me know. Again it seems that we are getting a strong response from the older boys and I feel it is very important while they are only now coming on board their input into this event would be most welcomed and I'm using this forum to invite any suggestions these distinguished gentlemen may have to offer. Thanks again for your assistance.

Ps: this circular is copied to the members of the reunion committee. Please feel free to add their names to your circular if you do not have them already.
God bless,

Leonard Abbott
Reunion Committee
Phone: 1-868-692-3135
Mobile: 1-868-763-7073
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz [mailto:lkertesz1@icqmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 9:15 AM

Dear Leonard,
I have received information on our contact with Fr. Abbot, and we are making diligence to have the rest of the old boys informed, unfortunately time is against us.
Miguel has been receiving the circulars since March but he never mentioned any event. I mention this because Salvador Coscarart informed me of his address and the planned? event. I would have helped your cause but lacked the information that I published recently.
I have retained the circular No. 90 waiting for this confirmation, so tonight it goes out with the necessary haste.
If you want me to send the circular to your friends or those you think should get it, please send me their emails.
God Bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:48:49 -0400, "Leonard Abbott" wrote:

Ladislao,
Fr. Abbot's contact # is 1868-662-5286.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ladislao Kertesz [mailto:lkertesz1@icqmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 3:35 PM

This is for you Leonard,
Why is Fr. Abbot mum?
Do you have a contact at the Mount??
I have received several emails indicating this problem! Hope you have information at the Mount for those calling the telephone number that you have for Fr. Abbot.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "JonGolding" <jongolding@wow.net>
To: "Francis Pereira" <MSBC85@aol.com>
Subject: MSB Reunion
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 12:33:57 -0400

Dear Abbot Francis,
I would like to buy two tickets to the MSB Reunion (for myself plus friend) for the Sunday only event since I will regrettably be out of the country on 15th August. Please tell me how much and where to send the cheque and to whom payable.
Many thanks,
Jon Golding
Class of 1961.

PS Please give Fr Benedict and Fr Augustine my regards. I hope they will both be there on the Sunday. If Fr Benedict has an email address please let me have it since I want to ask him if he has a scanner and a computer. If not I can lend him my scanner (if he has a computer) so he can scan some old photos for us to put on the website.
Many thanks.
JG.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "JonGolding" <jongolding@wow.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:11:25 -0400

Ladislao,
I'll do my best.
I have found a few others in TT like Peter Boos (1957). I sent a request for a ticket direct to the Abbot but have heard nothing
so far. If I hear nothing I will just show up on the Sunday.
I leave in a few days for London.
Take care
Jon
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" <lkertesz1@icqmail.com>
To: <jongolding@wow.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 12:28 PM

Dear Jon,
I hope you have bought rolls of film or new batteries for the digital camera.
Please send me the photos of the event so that I may include them in the circular.
Of course individual photos of the guys that we knew would be appreciated.
Please make propaganda for the circular, we need new guys in the listing, I am sure most are not in the list, so of course I do not have their emails.
I hope you meet additional friends, other than those that you already met.
Maybe someone knows about Bro. Vincent, PG. Wilson (there is nothing in the internet)
Also please ask Fr. Cuthbert for the address of Fr. Paul and Fr. Francis?
He told me that it was matter of going up to his room!
Ask Fr. Benedict if he is getting the circulars, I believe that the person at the computer is not delivering the circulars. If not then I must mail them by snail mail.
God Bless
Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:46:12 -0400, "JonGolding" wrote:

Hi Ladislao,
I am settling in to TT very well but never been so busy in my life!!
I have a demanding but very interesting job with RBTT Bank.
When I see you on 17th August I will fill you in.
Hope you are well
God Bless
Jon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz" <lkertesz1@icqmail.com>
To: <jongolding@wow.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 7:55 PM

Dear Jon,
How are you?
I hope that TT is as you thought it would be?
I have not written to you before, as I know that if you had any information you would send it along, or can it be that you are not receiving the Circulars????
Well just let you know we are still trying to get MSB old boys a rerun.
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "BRIAN goddard" <goddardbrian@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Mount St. Benedict reunion
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:11:23 -0400

Greetings to all you used up (some of us any way) Mount boys. I may surprise you all and make it to the interesting planned reunion to meet you all after so many years and reminisce about those good old days at "The Rock". I'll be giving Ladislao a call today to get the inside scoop!!
My best regards to you all,
Brian
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Donald Goddard"
Subject: Mount St. Benedict reunion
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:25:43 -0700

Dear Brian and Mount Gentlemen (Sounds better than Mount Boys):
According to Salvador's note below, and Ladislao's last Circular with all the planned activities, the reunion in Trinidad appears to be a done deal. I'm very sorry to say that I will not be able to attend. Christian, my family, and I just got back from holidays in Mexico. Unfortunately, the long distance away and because of work commitments at that time, I cannot join you guys. What I will miss the most is getting involved in the stories about the old days (that will be somewhat exaggerated by most). If Brian, Urbano, Pradita, Ladislao and Che Che go, don't believe anything they say because they are all fulltime Chavistas in the Venezuelan government. However, most of these gentlemen from the Venezuelan contingent have been considering leaving Venezuela and are looking to settle in the West Indian Islands, preferably Trinidad. This Venezuelan invasion to Trinidad is coming soon so please pass this email to our Trini friends and other Mount Boys so that they will be prepared. Soon our good steel band and calypso will be replaced by salsa and merengue music and Spanish will become the main language. This invasion of Latin-Americans that occurred in Miami and in Houston is so strong that they are now displaying signs in store windows that say "English spoken here". Anyway have a great time and give us all the good news afterwards.
Best wishes to all,
Don Goddard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 7:44 PM
From Salvador

Hola Donald,
Como están por Baton Rouge, te mando estas cuantas líneas para saludarte, y para decirte que estoy planeando en ir a la reunión del ABBEY SCHOOL en Agosto 13 al 19. ya estoy haciendo las reservaciones ,para salir el 13 de agosto de New Orleans en American Airlines . Bueno hasta luego saludos
Salvador.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Salvador Coscarart" <salborbolla@hotmail.com>
To: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com
Subject: Back to mount i go
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:04:17 -0500

Hello Ladislao,
How are you and the family?
I just wanted to let you know that I will be going to the school reunion I'll fly to Trinidad on august the 13th , am going early to spend sometime at Mount, I will take a lot of pictures and video and when I get back I'll write a summary of the trip, so that you can send it on the circulars; well my friend all i can tell you is that i am very excited and just can't wait to see the old MSB again
God bless
Salvador Coscarart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C92.xls
Photo: No photos
Wayne Vincent Brown's column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt Doctor is in: Fast food madness
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular's mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use KAVIACION@Cantv.net for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela's time is the same as Trinidad's, -04:00 GMT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C92.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname business address Phone e-mail
Fr.Francis OSB, music lk
Holland

Fr.Francis Alleyne OSB, Abbot

TT (868) 662 5286 abbfrancis@hotmail.com
Fr.Gerome (RIP) OSB, teacher



Fr.Gregoy (RIP) OSB, teacher



Fr.Ildefons (RIP) OSB, teacher



Fr.Lee Sing (RIP) OSB, teacher



Fr.Paul OSB, teacher lk
Holland

Fr.Peter (RIP) OSB, teacher



Freites, Andres 1964 kernick
Caracas (0416) 827 1261
Freytes, Andres Freddy
glen
YV

Gabriel, Anthony (RIP)
Scout troup leader Parrots


Gabriel, Norman 1957 maurice
Insurance (868) 622 6837, 622 4129, 622 0007 norman@normangabrielLtd.com
Gaffney, Peter
roge



Galt, Randal 1960 lk Swami
(868) 678 7323 swam80@hotmail.com
Galt, Richard 1960 tony Turtleback Coral Gables
mangojulie@aol.com



No comments: