Saturday, August 30, 2003

Circular No 95



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 30 of August 2003. Circular No.95
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Let me start with a few lines from the Event. Further information is being received from those who attended, and shall be sent for your enjoyment.
I would like to include the list of assistance if any was taken, and a resume that I would like to include in Circular No. 96. So I ask the organizers to send it to me so that all recipients of the Circulars would be able to look for their friends, especially does that live overseas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
De: Salco56 [Salco56@cs.com]
Asunto: MSB CLASS REUNION
Fecha: 25/08/2003 08:38:22

Hello Ladislao,
How are you, just wanted to let you know that the reunion was a success, some of the old boys that attended were:
*Dr David E Bratt,
* Christopher de Marothy and his wife Christina from the USA, and his cousin Rosa de Marothy from Venezuela,
* Don Mitchell, * from Anguilla
* Gordon Mitchell, *
Roger Gioannetti,
Francis Pereira (kahki),
*Jon Golding,
*Michael (specs) D'Ornellas and his wife Virginia, *
Renwick Villafana,
*Joseph Berment (cobo) and his wife Zuong,
Edmond Sanoir,
Keithallen (poggy),
Toddy Ramsahai,
Winston Ramsahai,
Jean Pierre,
Joseph Mayuen,
*Miguel Gonzales, *from USA
Raymond de Comarmond,
Maxime de Comarmond,
*John Gioannetti,
Mr Lenox Seals (Biology teacher 69-73),
As for the priest from Mount:
Father Cuthbert,
Father Odo,
Father Benedict,
Father Augustine,
Brother Gerald Rupert,
Brother Camillus (zuah),
Brother Joseph,
Miss Kitty Marcus,
And the class of 1980-85,
I will send a more detail summary as soon as i can with some of the adventures
God bless
Salvador Coscarart.

(* have email address.)
I am going to repeat this list every time a new name is emailed to me with the mention that went to the party. 20 as of this Circular. Only 9 progressive oldboys have email!! I cannot believe it. All the old boys should have emails, specially the younger generation, so send them in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few exchanges with our good friend, Donald Goddard. Remember that the messages are to be read inversely, as the last message is the oldest.

From: "Donald Goddard" <dgoddard1@cox.net>
Subject: Saludos desde Baton Rouge:
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:08:37 -0700

Hola Giovanni:
Que sorpresa tan grata. La verdad es que a través de Ladislao y la página Web de los Mount "old farts" muchos de nosotros nos hemos encontrado.
What a surprise. The truth is that through Ladislao and the WEB page of the Mount oldboys, a lot of us have been reunited.

Estoy en USA desde 1990. En ese año cuando estuve trabajando en Maraven como gerente de Geologia en Maracaibo.
I am in the USA since 1990. That year when I was working in Maraven as Geology Manager in Maracaibo, I looked into my crystal ball and it said to me: "get the fuck out of Venezuela because the future will be bien jodido". So I took my family and moved to Baton Rouge, Louisiana where I got a job at Louisiana State University as a petroleum researcher. I'm still here and occasionally do some consulting work for Venezuela. However, for the past three years, with everything so screwed up down there, that all I tell people is: "If you don't want to loose your shirt stay the hell out of Venezuela".

Christian lives in Oklahoma City and has been in the USA for the past 40 years.

Ese carajo tiene billete que jode y ya se jubilo. That guy has lots of money and has retired already.

Brian vive en Valencia, enviudo el ano pasado. Se quiere ir para la mierda pero no se decide para donde irse. Creo que esta pensando en Trinidad porque le encanta una negrita.
Brian lives in Valencia, widowed last year. He wants to go to hell but has not decided where. I believe that he is thinking to go to Trinidad because he likes Trini girls.

Urbano también se quiere ir de Venezuela, pero como no le gusta a las negritas esta pensando en irse para Dinamarca.
Urbano also wants to leave Venezuela, but as he does not like Trini girls, is thinking to go to Denmark.

Siempre te recordamos. Sobre todo cuando ibamos para tu casa en Pertigalete.
We always remember you. Especially when we went to your house in Pertigalete.

Estoy en contacto con Urbano, Peter Morvay, Pradita y muchos otros de los Mount Boys.
I am in contact with Urbano, Meter Morvay, Manuel Prada and many other Mount boys.

También tuve la grata sorpresa de un email de Csaba Jacobszen lo cual me contento muchísimo.
I have had a nice surprise when I got an email form Csaba Jakobszen, which made me very happy.

Que hay de la vida de Pepe Bracho? La mafia de Puerto La CRuz esta lentamente reaparenciendo.
What is the life of Pepe Braggio?. The Puerto La Cruz mafia is re appearing.

Cada año he ido para Venezuela o de negocios o de vacaciones. Pero voy para Maracaibo y luego para Maragarita.
Every year I have gone to Venezuela o for business or for vacations. But I go to Maracaibo and then to Margarita. I tend to stay out of Caracas as much as I can because I can't stand the traffic or the malandros. Urbano gets angry with me because I don't call him. But the truth is that every time I'm there he is traveling somewhere.

Áfter the "referendum"???? and after the situation returns to normal in Venezuela, I will come down for a visit. In the mean time, if you are in our neighborhood you are more than welcome to come to my home.
Un abrazo,
Donald
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "GIOVANNI MARINI" <giovanni.marini@cemex.com.ve>
To: "dgoddard1" <dgoddard1@cox.net>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 6:47 AM

Hi Donald .......How are you doing, you son of a gun.
I got Ladislao circular #86 and to my pleasant surprise found your e-mail together with Brian's and Christian's.
Well.... how are things going in your way? Where are you living? Are you in Venezuela?
As for myself, I'm living in Caracas, and my mobile phone is:
0414.9.25.23.66 and my office phone is 0212.999.7401.
Hope to hear from you soon, and let me know if you come to Caracas.
God Bless
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time is flying and soon vacations will be over, hope to be able to give you a run down of the EVENT as soon as the photos get developed!
By the way, if you want to send me a text message, please use www.tun-tun.com, just write my cellphone number 0416 612 5695, no space is allowed for the number.

God Bless

Ladislao
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C95.xls
Photo by Don: Abbott Fr. Francis Alleyne
Head table1
Wayne Vincent Brown's column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt -Talking to eat
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular's mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0 (212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Kaviacion@Cantv.net, for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela's time is the same as Trinidad's, -04:00 GMT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C95.xls
Names Form V Contact nicknames business address Phone e-mail
Golding, Geoffrey 1960
gunk Ontario ca p eng geoff.golding1@sympatico.ca
Golding, Ian


uk and gabon dir driller ian.annie@tesco.net
Golding, John 1961 maurice
london uk bank jongolding_2000@yahoo.com, jongolding@wow.net,
Golik, Carlos 1960 brother musolini Merida, Venezuela (0274) 808 1502 cabanasmicata@hotmail.com, www.andes/micata
Gomes, Bernard
roge



Gomes, G.B.
boos
Toronto

Gomes, Ian
jgioannetti brother of nigel
igomes@cablenett.net
Gomes, Jerome
boos Jerry Guyana o Florida
Gomes, Marcel 1958 maurice



Gomes, Nigel 1972 jgioannetti brother of ian Diego Martin

Gomes, Osmond
roge



Gomes, Pat
boos

1943 lost leg
Gomes, Vitalis Dr.
boos



Gomez, Angel Maria
glen
YV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: