Saturday, June 07, 2003

Circular No 83




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 7 of June 2003. Circular No. 83
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
I have tried to reconstruct the timetable for Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

The daily schedule was:
Wake up: 06:00
Morning Mass: 06:00 until 06:45 (until 1958 it was obligatory).
Breakfast: 07:00
Study: 08:00 in Form I classroom, which was above Prep A and B.
Class: 09:00 to 12:00, Four classes of 45 minutes.
Lunch: 12:30
Study: 13:30 to 14:00
Class: 14:00 to 15:00
Tea and clothes change for sports: 15:00 to 17:00
Bathe and change clothes: 17:00 time that the dormitory was opened.
Study: 18:00
Dinner: 19:00
Study for Form boys, Dormitory and sleep for Prep boys: 20:00
Sleep: 21:00

On Saturdays and Wednesdays:
The dormitory was opened after Lunch to change to sport clothes.
And on Wednesday there was study time after 18:00
On Saturday movies at 19:00

On Sunday the Mass was postponed one hour: 07:00
Breakfast at 08:00
Playtime till 10:00 when there was letter writing time and study.
Playtime from 11:00 till lunch.
After lunch the time table was the same as on Wednesday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like your comment on the time table, I presume that the schedule change through the years so I can vouch for years 1955 until 1960. So turn your clock back and give me your opinion!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gabby wrote in response to a sporting story:
That story was especially interesting to me because while I never knew I was inclined that way while at Mount. In the last 20 years I have become somewhat of a fanatic runner. I enter all the 5ks and 10ks around here and usually beat all the old farts in sight. I have done three marathons (one under 3 hours) and last year ran a mile in 5:24. I would like to think that my athlete son has inherited some of that from the old man.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have included for those academic old boys, a study manual that was quite a roadblock to some. It was for me, as I would have gotten 1st grade when adding up the points, but did not make it because of my English notes, which required a minimum grade, otherwise the total points did not matter, so I was downgraded. I have kept some of my old books as these proved to be great for reference with my kids. The books nowadays are very poor on themes and their organization is deficient.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have received good response on the Web page problem, and we have a group of oldboys looking into the matter.
As soon as there is a story, I shall include it in the circulars.

It is most interesting that those kids that one knew as aggressive, “rebel without a cause” type, and those that were “gang leaders”?? against the defacto rule in our times, are the quietest guys nowadays. And I mean quietest as to email writing, the old flame must have gone out I presume?
God Bless
Ladislao
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C83.xls
Photo: GCE O level English language
Formato milo
ST_BENEDICT_02
Wayne Vincent Brown’s column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com
Column: dbratt –No. 107 Sugar food.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com an all class msb web site.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Lkertesz2@icqmail.com for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.
For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C83.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname business address Phone e-mail
Dan, Staubels






Darwent, John
boos
Inca Talara Peru

Darwent, Peter
roge




Darwent, Roger (RIP)
roge




Darwent, Walter






Dass, Robin






Date, Alan
jon
Korea
alandate@lycos.com
Date, Christopher 1959

UK
juliet_chris@tesco.net
Date, Paul
went to mount???? bc


Date, Robert 1964 Huggins whg BWIA pilot (868) 633 6353 rdate@trinidad.net
De Barry, Jeremy 1966 gabby


tobagojo@trinidad.net,
De Bohembler, David 1957 roger Cow Spray Au, painter
check spelling Rodney = brother TT
De Cambra, Gregory
roge




De Cambra, Raymond J.
boos

(868) 637 3438
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: