Saturday, June 21, 2003

Circular No 85




Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 21 of June 2003. Circular No. 85
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

The following resume and emails that was received from: Paul de la Bastide. We made 4 pages!

Ladislao,
I attended The Abbey School from 1958 through 1963 (or thereabouts) as a day scholar. The old memories remain: Lifting Mr Lionel Tyrell's old Morris 8 automobile and carrying it up the steps to the lower classroom landing hallway. (He never found out who did this but we all got flogged anyway).

Do you remember "Toots"? We used to spray ink on the back of his suit when he walked by in the isle of the classroom. I really felt sorry that we all did this. Poor fella. Then there was the freshman initiation as a new student started school, they had to be thrown into the bougainvillea hedge with all the thorns. ouch. That really hurt for days after. Smoking in the bathrooms and getting caught every time. Throwing the compass point at the blackboard while the teacher had his back turned. And the Dean of Discipline....I was in his office every day, it seemed I like getting my ass caned. (Amongst all of this, I managed to get an education somehow.)

I now live in the USA and would really like to get info from time to time, however you won't be able to fax me because it will be a long distance call for you. Is it anyway possible that you can e-mail stuff to: paul.delabastide@att.net ??

I used to hang out with the Costello's, Rostant's, Russell Cuhna, Gregory Farfan, Bruce Hutton, The Kirtons and de Pass boys, so that should clue you in to my era (now 53). I have been asking around for while now as to what ever happened to The Abbey School and all it's records. Do they have a web site that I can go to and do research on old student lists?

Let me know your response.
Please keep in touch
Paul
--------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide"
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 06:51:18 -0400

Ladislao,
The only name I recognize below is Jean de Meillac, as I did not finally graduate at MSB.
I transferred to St. Joseph's College at form III grade level. Had I stayed at MSB, I would have graduated in 1966 as it shows in the Roll Call, because those students you have listed were my class mates.
Regards,
Paul
------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide" paul.delabastide@att.net
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 06:26:08 -0500

Ladislao,
How sad that you are no longer going to keep us updated with the newsletters.
Well done on the past job.
I hope that Gabby will be able to perform the updates but he indicated to me that there is not enough time in his life to do so.
I wish I had the ability to help but I don't understand all this techno stuff like you guys do.
If you are looking for Bruce Hutton's address here it is: rssl@carib-link.net,
Have a prosperous New Year.
Regards,
Pablo de la Bastide
----------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide"
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 08:20:01 -0500

Ladislao,
I am just curious: What is the little black dot in front of some of the names in Roll Call mean?
Also, I am seeing some names on the list that I have e-mail addresses should you wish to add them.
Let me know,
Paul de la Bastide

(Please forward the Newsletter to those oldboys that you feel that should be included in the list. Ladislao)
-----------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide"
Date: Wed Jan 29 06:20:55 2003 (PST)

Hey Gabby,
Any chance that the MSB site will be updated anytime soon?
Paul
------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide" paul.delabastide@att.net
Date: 7 Apr 10:16 (PDT)

Each time you send a newsletter, you include as an attachment in Excel, a few names with email address's that some of them don't appear to be listed in the website ROLL CALL listing.
Does this mean you have a whole bunch of other names that are still to be added to Roll Call?
Let me know,
Paul de la Bastide
-----------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide"
Date: 10 Apr 14:31 (PDT)
To: "Allison Spooner"
Subject: Symantec Security Response - W32.Klez.H@mm

Hello folks,
For some reason this virus has raised it's ugly head again even though it has been around for a while because my AntiVirus software has recently intercepted about 2 or 3 bits of incoming email and there is no telling from where it has come. (Thank my lucky stars for good virus software. Phew!) You may want to scan your system just to make sure you don't have this little devil as it hides really well within your system.

The Norton site below explains everything and I think you can link to a part of their site where they can scan your computer for viruses.
Regards,
Paul

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html
-----------------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide"
Date: 28 Apr 05:18 (PDT)

I keep looking to see when the site will be updated, Any time soon??

Website last updated June 30, 2002. Additions to Biography (Salvador Coscarart,
Carlos Dvorak and Gregory Farfan), Action Photos (Scout Troop, Scout Band,
Carnival at Mount, and more) Recent Photo (Salvador Coscarart and Family,
Ladislao Kertesz and Fedaks, Michael Dornellas and son), Faculty (photos Br.
Vincent), Roll Call (Dvorak, Coscarart, Farfan, Kingshot)
-----------------------------------------------------
From: "Paul de la Bastide"
Date: 28 Feb 04:38 (PST)

Hey,
This is a really neat site to check what speed your modem is actually connected at. Click on the site below.
Just thought you would be interested.
Paul
http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/
------------------------------------------------------
You must have wondered if I kept the emails from friends? Well I do and when I have enough short messages I send them out. So write!!! You might be next.

God Bless

Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C85.xls
Photo: BWIA Viking for those that like old airplanes, my first trip was in this airplane.
ST_BENEDICT_04
Mervyn assam.jpg (no email address available, can someone help?)
Wayne Vincent Brown’s column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt –No.116 SEX MATTERS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look us up at http://www.theabbeyschool.com, an all class msb web site.
Send information to: Ladislaokertesz@hotmail.com, if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include. Telf. 0(212) 263.5346 Caracas.
Use Lkertesz1@icqmail.com for photos as I leave enough storage space for these.
Please note: you may have missed some of the circulars, if you have not received one every week, do not hesitate to ask for the missing number.

For those that would like to contact me here I include my telephones:
Telf.Office: 58 (212) 263.5346, 267.2416, From: 11:00GMT to 22:00GMT
FAX: 58 (212) 261.0829,
Home: 58 (212) 238.4084. From: 00:00 GMT to 04:00 GMT
Cellphone: 58 (0416) 612.5696
ICQ# 158597413
Remember that Venezuela’s time is the same as Trinidad’s, -04:00 GMT.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTACHMENTS
Listado C85.xls
Names Form V Contact nickname business address business phone e-mail
De la Bastide, Paul 1966 micheal
US
paul.delabastide@att.net
De la Horie, Fennaeu
glen
YV


De Leuze, Carl 1957

Guadalopue


De Lima, Alphonso 1959 lk

(868) 624 4716, 623 5509, 639 5387 adel@wow.net
De Lima, Vernon 1958 roge turf
(868) 645 2087 progress@trinidad.net
De Marothy, Kristof 1959

ny
vze263ga@verizon.net cdemarothy@fdrinnovation.com
De Marothy, Maroth 1958

ca
maroth_de_marothy@bmc.com
De Matas, Francis 1960

TT (868) 662 3562
De Meillac, Jean 1963 lk Jeanzie TT whg (868) 628 2391 jeansie@hotmail.com, jean.de-meillac@tt.eyi.com
De Pass, Harold
roge de pass Australia


De Pass, Phillip 1964
whg
(868) 637 7083 phillip@opus.co.tt





No comments: