Sunday, November 02, 2003

Circular No 104


Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 2 of November 2003. No. 104
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

When I wrote the date, I was dismayed, just two more months and the year is no more.
I just wonder how you can bear reading my boring stories, after exactly two years from the start.
I can only hope that you would like me to go on, if so, send me a short note, just to let me know your impressions.
Now, why I am writing this? it is because some of you have given up writing and I cannot check your feeling on the matter. So, R:S:V:P:

This Circular although late it is to celebrate another anniversary, dear to us.
During the second week of October, the Abbey of Mount St. Benedict was 91 years old. I have made the estimation using the Golden Jubilee brochure dated 1962.
There was no announcement, or celebration notice from the Abbey.

I am enclosing a photo of the clergy that was present for the photo in 1962. This picture was taken in the auditorium of the Monastery.

I would like you to place names on the faces, please help, the result is going to be published in Circular No. 114, so there is ample of time but the sooner you write the sooner I can give you results.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
More news about Fr. Paul.

Date: 26 Oct 18:40 (PST)

Dear Ladislao,
I read the circulars while in Hamburg. Many thanks for the information therein.
I saw the address of Fr.Francis whom I wrote, Fr. Francis was very happy to learn of my election as a Judge of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS ) and sent a copy of my e-mail in which I referred to Fr. Paul as an excellent Maths teacher.
The letter was read to him before he died, may his soul rest in peace.
Fr.Francis tells me Fr. Paul was comforted to learn that a past student of the Abbey School is a judge of the Tribunal.
Fr. Anton a very kind Jesuit priest who lives in the same house got details of ITLOS and of me on the web at www.itlos.org and told Fr. Francis.
Subsequently I received a reply with the sad news that Fr.Paul had died.
I read news of his death in the T&T Catholic News on my return home yesterday.
Continue the good work.
Sincerely,
Anthony Lucky.
---------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Fr. Francis"
Date: 15 Oct 13:28 (PDT)

Dear Ladislao,
We received the sad news of the passing of Fr. Paul van den Eijnden in his native Holland on October the 13th.
The funeral will take place on Saturday, 18th October, after which according to his last wishes his mortal remains will be cremated.
Fr. Paul had been battling cancer of the kidneys for a number of years and was getting increasingly weaker.
In the end he was longing to die and return to his Lord.
God bless and every good wish.
Fr. Christopher.
------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Nigel Darwent"
Date: 28 Oct 14:34 (PST)

Hi Ladislao,
Great to hear from you again...hope that all is well with you.
I'm hoping to see Wayne O'Connor (my brother-in-law) soon and will show him the stuff you sent.
Keep well, Regards
Nigel.
----------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Don Mitchell, QC"
Date: 27 Oct 00:19 (PST)

Hello Ladislao,
Many thanks for No 103 safely received.
Of course, I shall be happy to pass on missing circulars.
Keep well,
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------------
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C104.xls
Photo: Clergy of 1962
Column: David Bratt – Laughter as medicine
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C104.xls
Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone e-mail
Korda, Carlos
glen
YV

Krogh, Chistopher (RIP) roger



La Borde, Harold
boos
TT (868) 634 4513
La Grave, Gustavo
glen
YV

Lacour, Louis 1960
yuyu Guadaloupe (590) 590 88 7464 christhoy@wanadoo.fr
Lacour, Maurice (RIP) 1958

rip algeria

Laine, Clyde





Lambert, Gary
jgioannetti



Lambkin, Ronald J.
roger
Nova Scotia

Lang, Gordon
boos
Colombia

Lange, Bernard (RIP)
jon rosita


Lange, Esmond 1962 boos whg Australia perth esfran@hotmail.com
Lapiewicz


YV

Laquis, Abraham
roge bulldog
(868) 624 4254 lystra@aalaquis.com
Laquis, George Dr 1959 roge Pud
(868) 628 3000 flags@tstt.net.tt
Laquis, Joseph 1958 george

not msb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: