Saturday, November 15, 2003

Circular No 106



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I. Caracas, 15 of November 2003. Circular No. 106
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

These few weeks we had Bro. Rupert visiting Venezuela. I managed to talk with him through telephone for a few minutes. The Circular wanted to meet him personally for a report but, no luck, he left this week. So I am sorry to inform you that there is nothing to report on Bro. Ruperts visit.

To fill in the space that I had reserved for the report I am including an old material that I have been keeping and I am sure that Cheche must have forgotten that he wrote it!!!.

The following lines came from Rafael Echeveria:

Norman Smith and myself, together with my brother Gustavo and a Venezuelan friend Enrique Gomez formed a rock band in Mount (it was The Beatle's era) ... the band was called "Chains". There was also another band called "The Interpreters" with which I played for some time. I played the bass-guitar as a matter of fact I still do.
I combine my professional practice as a lawyer (International Contracting Law in Oil Industry) with music and running. I have already ran the New York Marathon TWICE ... the last time in November 2000... can you believe it ? ...
Now I have five children (My second granddaughter is due April 18th). Claudia my eldest daughter (the married one) and my son Rafael live in Florida.
I have been a lawyer for 27 years now ... and I have met so many people around the world thanks to my professional practice. And I have lived a wonderful life!!!
I have a beautiful wife and five great kids...
My profession has reached very satisfactory levels and I feel proud of my work in life ... now ... at 54 !!! ... I am now getting ready for some big business opportunities ... it is time to meet your old friends!!! ... they can be your best partners !!!! Ladislao !!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Estoy preparando la posibilidad de hacer un Reporte de los grupos de Mount Boys de 1964-65 ... cuando comenzamos en Mount ... tengo una foto espectacular !!! ... ástima que yo no salgo en élla ... pero es muy buena ... Te pido me vuelvas a mandar tus números de teléfono y recuerda lo que te solicité de los Reportes del 1 al 10 y el 12 (tengo el 11).
Estoy haciendo un recopilación que me está quedando buenísima y no quiero perderme de nada. Cuando termine esta Recopilación Histórica (que realmente es una relación cronológica de eventos tomados de TUS Reportes) te la haré llegar COMPLETA ... un verdadero testimonio histórico !!!
Aprovecho la oportunidad para desearte a ti y a los tuyos unas Felices Pascuas de Resurrección !!!
Saludos & Blessings !!!!!

I am preparing the possibility of making a Report of the groups of Mount Boys of 1964-65... when we began in Mount... I have a spectacular photo! ... pity that I am not in it... but is very good... I request to you resend your telephone numbers and remembers what I asked for you of Circulars 1 to the 10 and the 12 (I have the 11). I am making a recompilation that is being best and do not want to lose anything. When it finishes this Historical Compilation (that really is a chronological relation of events taken from YOUR Reports) I will send it to you COMPLETE... a true historical testimony!
I take advantage of the opportunity for wish to you and yours Happy Passovers de Resurrection!
Saludos & Blessings!!!!!

Rafael Echeverría G.
d.o.g.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
FROM INFORMATION THAT WE RECEIVE, THERE SEEMS TO BE PROBLEMS WITH THE ATTACHMENTS
IN CERTAIN INTERNET SERVICES, SO FROM NOW IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A PHOTO OR
ATTACHMENT PLEASE INFORM YOUR INTERNET SERVICE AND WRITE ME SO THAT WE MAY WORK
OUT A SOLUTION.
OF COURSE IF YOU NO NOT WISH TO GET THE ATTACHMENTS, THIS SHOILD NOT BE A PROBLEM.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Michael & Virginia D' Ornellas"
Date: 19 Oct 14:54 (PDT)

Hi Laszlo,
Once again, when I open the photos they are blank. Is it a problem on my end?
Please advise.
Thanks for sending the circular.
regards
Michael.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now tidy bits:

From: "Henry Theunissen"
Date: 10 Nov 06:21 (PST)

Dear Friends,
This is to inform you that our Abbot, Francis Alleyne, has been appointed to the epicopal see of Georgetown. His term of office as abbot was about to come to an end this week. He has now resigned as abbot and John Pereira is appointed as Prior Administrator. At the end off this week we'll begin elections for a new abbot. Keep us in your parayers.
God bless.
Christopher
----------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "David Bratt"
Date: 4 Nov 02:45 (PST)
Subject: Picture of monks

Great picture Ladislao.
David
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Winston Ramsahai"
Date: 11 Nov 07:26 (PST)
Subject: Re: Thank You

Kindly keep me posted, I was at the 2003 reunion, it was amazing to see how young the guys were!!
Regards
Winston Ramsahai
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Nigel Darwent"
Date: 3 Nov 15:25 (PST)

Wayne's e-mail address is woc@vincysurf.com

Good luck

Nigel.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: laci kertesz [mailto:lkertesz5@icqmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 6:49 PM
To: ndarwent@tstt.net.tt

I need his email address

God bless
Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:34:42 -0400, "Nigel Darwent" wrote:

Hi Ladislao,
Great to hear from you again...hope that all is well with you.
I'm hoping to see Wayne O'Connor (my brother-in-law) soon and will show him the stuff you sent.
Keep well
Regards
Nigel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: laci kertesz [mailto:lkertesz5@icqmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:06 PM
To: ndarwent@tstt.net.tt
Subject: Fwd: Re: Circular No. 103 The Abbey School MSB

Hope you get this, for your info in case you meet a MSB oldboy
Ladislao kertesz
---------------------------------------------------------
From: "Michael & Virginia D' Ornellas"
Date: 4 Nov 18:08 (PST)

Hi Ladislao,
This is how I remember some of them ( Hope I am right )
#7 Bro. Bruno ?
# 10 Fr. Edwards
# 13 Fr. Hildebrand
# 12 Fr. Bernard
# 15 Fr. Francis ( Abbot )
# 16 Bro. Oswald
# 17 Fr. Christopher ?
# 20 Fr. Gregory
# 21 Fr. Martin
# 26 Fr. Cuthbert
# 28 Fr. Augustine
# 29 Fr. Abbot
# 30 Fr. Paul
# 32 Fr. Lee Sing
# 41 Fr. Morris Superville
# 44 Bro. Anthony

CAN ANYONE INCREASE THE LIST OF NAMES???, Fr. Chrstopher, Fr. Francis a challenge for you
-------------------------------------------------------------
All for now

God Bless

Ladislao
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C106.xls
Photo: rafito 2 = Rafael Echeverria
Blonders 6 = 1. Rafael Echeverria, 2 = Jose Baptista, 3 = Henry Stephen (Limon Limonero)
Column: David Bratt – Health Minister
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C106.xls

Names Form V Contact nicknames business address Phone e-mail
Leoni, Raul


Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela
Leotaud, Dillon
roge



Lew, Alejandro 1958 kendrick



Lew, Myren 1967 azier miro YV (0212) 238 6259 mlew@cantv.net
Lewis, Anthony
jon
Hope valley. W.Australia alewis@tstt.net.tt
Lewis, Brian 1962 roger
TT
blewis@trinidad.net
Lewis, Jerry 1962 jon



Lezama Luongo 1972




Likam, Roger





Lipavsky, Roberto
glen
Margarita (0295) 263 1045, 263 9613 jurislipavsky@cantv.net
Lippinscott, Jeff





Littlepage, Desmond
boos



Llamozas, Carrara
glen
YV

Llanos, Anthony (RIP)
lange
Hope Valley, W.Australia
Llanos, Noel
boos
Calgary, Albert
Llanos, Robert
roge



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: