Saturday, November 22, 2003

Circular No 107



Newsletter for past alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 22 of November 2003. Circular No. 107
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,

Remember old boys, if you would like to be included in the Circular, you must write, let your friends know that you are alive; maybe someone you may have forgotten might surprise you and the exchange might bring back fond memories. Have courage take-up a pen and get at it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From: "David Bratt"
Date: 17 Aug 19:17 (PDT)
Subject: Reunion

Ladislao,
It went very, very well.
You guys must come next year.
I'll send you a more complete report later in the week, am very busy now.
Dave
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "David Bratt"
Date: 15 Aug 10:57 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Mount Reunion

OK will report back ASAP.
David
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Ladislao Kertesz"
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Mount Reunion

Dear David
There is no movement either physical or communicational from those that in the past expressed willingness to go. Farcheg, Fedak, Prada, etc. I am not going as I have Nicola from TT, here as a guest of Victoria. And the short time notice, not of the dates but of the events. I have not sent out the Circular waiting for detailed news on the event. But shortly I shall send out last week’s and as soon as you give me a run down of the events and photos, this Saturday’s circular.
Have fun and get me the list of those assisting and their email address if it is possible.
God bless
Ladislao
-------------------------------------------------------------------
On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:22:51 -0400, "David Bratt" wrote:

Ladislao,
Is anyone coming from Venezuela to tomorrow's reunion?
I’ll be there.
David
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: gemces@tstt.net.tt
Date: 3 Aug 03:49 (PDT)
To: "Ladislao Kertesz"

Hi Ladislao,
I purchased Don's and my ticket from Robert C O'Connell class of 85 who works at Republic Bank, Ellerslie Court, Boissiere, Maraval. The tickets are TT$ 350.00 and his contact information is leonard@tstt.com, home phone 625-4213, cell 689 6004.
Regards and hope to see you there.
Gordon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>I am including exchanges between the Marothy brothers and myself.

From: "christopher de marothy"
Date: 5 Aug 18:08 (PDT)

Could you please e-mail me circulars 1 thru 60 (exclude 36 and 44 and 59). Also 69, 72, 73, 80, 81, 82, 83, 89 and 90. The last one I got was 91. I came in late on your e-mail list and would very much like to catch-up. Especially since I will be going to Trinidad for the reunion. Will you be there? I know I promised you a lot of pictures. I have finally scanned and titled them.
Will start sending them “manana”.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "christopher de marothy"
Date: 17 Mar 19:18 (PST)

This is not a photo of the 1958 class. Csaba is not even in it. Check out the 1958 class on the web site. I believe you have the class of 1960 attached to this e-mail. I recognize Pablo Figuera (20) and I believe Timothy Hutton (20) and Anthony (Gabie) Johnson(23). The class of 1958 did not have that many students in it. My brother Maroth de Marothy was in it along with Urban Fedak.
I was in the class of 1959. We had just over a dozen students. Refer to the Abbey School web site which has it correctly.
I am still putting my photos and short history together.

(You can look up the photo in the WEB page www.theabbeyschool.com if you have any comments similar as the above by Chistopher, please let us know. Ed.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "De Marothy, Maroth"
Subject: RE. Class of 1959
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:18:55 -0500

Dear Ladislao,
Thanks for the circulars -- they are a pleasure...
About the class photo -- that's my brother's class -- Christopher de Marothy -- and he can help you more than I can on that photo...in fact, that might be his shoulder you see...he's quite tall.
I'll forward this email to him to see what he remembers...by the way, his email is cdemarothy@fdrinnovation.com
David Ames I'm in touch with...but he was in the 1957 class (mine was 1958)...his email is pvames@coastalnet.com
I believe one or more Galt were in 1959 class...but not sure...
Keep those circulars coming...am sure we all get a kick out of them!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: kristof de marothy
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:02:40 -0400

Hi Laz,
Ronald Charles is the Chinese boy with glasses standing 4th from the left in the 2nd photo of the 1959 graduating class. He is the 3rd boy on the left of the priest in the 1st 1959 graduating class photo. Again the “unknown" is Harry Guildner, he is the partially hidden boy with glasses standing to the right of the priest. He does not appear in the 2nd photo. Swami (or Ronald Galt) was in the 1960 graduating class with his brother Richard "Turtleback" whose is shown in the volleyball picture in circular #47 (it looks a lot like him at about 14-15 years of age)..
Like you, I remember my class and a lot of the guys from 1958 and 1960 but after that? Memory fades over 1/2 century but my good times at Mount and the bad ones (especially, when I was whipped by "BoBo" in front off the whole school) are cherished memories. I was really saddened to hear what happened to Mount. It is an ignoble end to such a great school. It gave us a wonderful education, built our characters through sports and discipline and saw us through our formative years.
I'll be in touch
------------------------------------------------------------
Caracas, 11 of October 2002.

Dear Christopher ,
I am sorry for the email address, I was just replying on your last email. The multiple emails mentioned never arrived so I answered your last one of two. Well, I hope this is correct. I have it clear now, thank you.
I shall modify the listing including the name of Ronald Charles and deleting Chin. That does not help me with the unknown or where ever Ronald Charles appears in the photo.
Also if you dinned with Swami then maybe he was your classmate also, and he was repeating Form V when I graduated?????
I know that to reconstruct 40 years is difficult but once I get Ronald Charles and Ronald Gokool things will be easier and we can get the website straightened out.
You would not believe it but those of the 1960s and 1970s do not know who their classmates were. We are lucky as our memories are better???? or our we were closer as a group in our times.
I must confess that I remember my class 1960 but not so well the other classes.
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 10 Oct 2002 19:23:45 -0700
To: Cdemarothy@fdrinnovation.com

Dear Christopher ,
Thank you for the reply and encouragement.
Does Ronald Charles sound a bell????
I hope the house work is getting along and that you are placing aside the photos that you are finding for those winter months ( they are close!!, specially in the North North)
Maybe you would like to come back for a few weeks to Caracas???
God Bless
Ladislao
----------------------------------------------------------------
On Mon, 30 September 2002, Chris DeMarothy wrote:

Hi Las,
I am getting ready to E-Mail you lotsa pictures and a short bio of myself since leaving MSB. I am in the middle of renovating my house so my time is a bit limited (MUST finish before winter set in).
In the meantime, could you please change my E-MAIL address to "vze263ga@verizon.net". This is my home e-mail. You are currently sending it to my work and my company would prefer restricting that to business (unless you always want to type "XXXPERS" in the subject area). Thank you.
The "mystery person" in the class of '59 photo, I believe, is Harry Guildner. He was Venezuelan and lived in Tigrito, Edo. Anzoategui. The priest, if I recall well, is Father Augustine.
Will contact you later
-----------------------------------------------------
From: "De Marothy, Maroth"
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 19:56:25 -0500

Hi Ladislao,
Good to hear from you...though I must admit I remember you only dimly...as one of us Magyars at Mount.
I'll email some more to the website address...and will definitely send for the CD...though where to send for it wasn't clear from the email.
Nice photos of you and your family...you've done well!
I've also forwarded the email to my brother Christopher (Kristof), whom you may remember from Mount...I think he was only a year ahead of you. He has some photos he promises to share.
I too got an EE degree...but have never used it...been a software engineer all my life.
If you need help maintaining the web site, you can contact me...I know something about that...for example, it would be better if all photos were thumbnails one could zoom in on...and the bios should be available when clicking on a name...none of us knows ALL the former Mount boys, so it would be nice to be able to pick-and-choose the photos and bios one is interested in...just a suggestion.
Don't take this criticism too harshly...the site is fine!
Greetings and hello to any old boys you run across (Fedaks, Farchegs, Figuera, etc.)...
BTW, I live in Santa Cruz, CA...about 100 Km South of San Francisco...
-------------------------------------------------------
From: "De Marothy, Maroth"
Date: 3 Jun 12:15 (PDT)

Hello Laszlo,
I'm willing to take over the Web page...provided that all the costs don't fall on me...
I spoke with Anthony Johnson about 1/1.5 years ago...around the time I started getting your circulars...which, by the way, are tremendously appreciated... Anyhow, we spoke and I suggested various ways in which to pages could be improved, and I offered to help make some of those changes. He agreed but never got back to me. I sent email and got no reply, so that was that...
I'm a professional computer programmer and although not a Webmaster, I have created many pages and am comfortable with scripting languages, HTML, etc.
The first thing would be to get the files from the current site. We will need Anthony's OK for this...
Then we need to find a good Web host site...and pay for it...unless we can use a site already "owned" by an old Mount boy...
Thanks for all your good work...my brother Christopher also appreciates it...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So another Circular,

God Bless

Ladislao
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listado: C107.xls
Photo: Fr. Cuthbert 4 thanks to don
Miguel Gonzalez
Wayne Vincent Brown’s column can be seen at www.Jamaicaobserver.com,
Column: dbratt –unable to open page
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTACHMENTS

Listado C107.xls

Names Form V Contact Nickname business address Phone, e-mail
Lloyd, Edward 1962 roger
Aberdeen, Scotland edwardlloyd@yahoo.co.uk,
Lloyd, Maurice
hugg
BC Canada (250) 545 0807 moelloyd@msn.com,
Lockart, Clive
roge



Look, Pat (RIP)





Lopes, Benedict J.
boos
Toronto, Ontario
Lopes, John
roge



Lopez, Eugene
roge
Dayboy

Lopez, Jesus
glen
YV

Lorenzo, Richard
roge
Lourenco,

Loria-Yonepan, David
glen
YV

Loria-Yonepan, Paul
glen
YV

Lovell, Jasper
roge



Lucky, Anthony 1958 roge
Judge High Court TT celandaal@hotmail.com
Lucky, Winston
roge



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: